Field Service Engineer – South West
Opportunity and challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write”. We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our Next-Hour DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
DNA Script is actively searching for an accomplished Field Service Engineer to support our partners and customers in their use and application of DNA Script’s commercial product.
The individual will be responsible for leading complex technical inquiries in the field including troubleshooting and repairs, coordinating customer feedback and interactions, and representing user experiences within the company to aid development of next generation products.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
The position will be US based, in the South San Francisco, California office.
- Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites.
- Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
- Performs maintenance and repairs
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance.
- Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers’ business.
- Delivers fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software.
- Trains other field engineers and customers in the company’s system products.
- Provides user-oriented and service-related inputs to ongoing and new development projects.
- Bachelors within the science field — e.g. biomedical engineering, analytical biochemistry, biotechnology or similar is highly preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a similar position and/or experience as an end-user of analytical instrumentation
- Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience or expertise with Laboratory Automation solutions (eg. pipetting robots, electronics and linear actuators) and systems involving reagents and consumables
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving Customer service and solutions-oriented, with capability to precisely document issues, root cause analyses, troubleshooting experimentation and resolutions/repairs.
- DNA Synthesis Experience, or Utilization of Synthetic Oligos in a biochemical application.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively including overnight travel as dictated by business needs
- Remote Job based in the South West US, preferred in San Diego, CA. Requires 75% travel to corporate offices and client sites throughout the South West and other parts of North America.
- Phone interview with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office with manager, cofounders, HR and the team
- References check
- Timing: 2-3 weeks