Investigator I (mRNA Construct Design)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This position will be responsible for designing, building, and testing platforms for multivalent mRNA-based vaccine development. This position will work closely on designing, screening and testing mRNA elements for most stable and potent mRNA vaccine platform.Major Accountabilities:
Platform development for mRNA.
- Design, build, and test seasonal and pandemic flu mRNA vaccines in the form of mono- and multi-cistronic format.
- Design, build, screen and test functional RNA elements or expression strategies in the non-coding and coding region of mRNA vaccine.
- This person independently generates practical experimental designs and steps to achieve scientific goals, to develop new protocols or introduce novel systems that serve to accomplish scientific goals.
Documentation and presentation of scientific results.
- Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports. Maintain lab notebooks.
- Collaborate with project teams, present research results and contribute to technical advancements and publications.
- Maintain functional laboratory equipment and keep up with ordering and lab organizing.
Other job duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- The candidate should be agile in supporting other activities in the MMB and other functions, including but not limited to idea generation and assay supports.
- PhD degree in molecular biology, RNA biology or related fields required;
- PhD with 3-5+ years of postdoc experience preferred in academia and industry experience molecular biology or RNA biology.
- Experienced in enabling multi-cistronic expression in post transcriptional and/or post translational settings is required.
- Working experience of DNA construct design and production is required.
- Working experience with mRNA, with training in RNA biology is required: such as knowledge of RNA structure, base modifications, novel RNA capping, RNA tails, splicing, intron, RNA elements, RNA folding, RNA half-life, untranslated regions, or aptmers, etc.
- Experience in synthetic biology is a plus.
- Experience of cell-based reporter assays is a plus.
- Previous experience in the flu or vaccines field is desired.