Medical Communications Manager - Neuroscience and Inflammation Therapeutic Area
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Medical Communications Manager Neuroscience and Inflammation Therapeutic AreaLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for communicating scientific information, supporting Amgens Neuroscience and Inflammation therapeutic teams, to the US healthcare community, while adhering to internal guidelines, SOPs, policies and industry regulations, thus enabling informed decision making for optimal patient care and access to Amgen products.
- Reviewing promotional and educational materials for scientific accuracy (primary responsibility)
- Contribute to the medical communications strategy and develop high quality, scientifically rigorous US resources that communicate the science and data on Amgen product
- Develop core scientific content (disease state and product-specific) to be used across medical communications deliverables, including Medical Science Liaisons resources
- Understand US regulatory landscape and apply expertise, monitor and analyze medical insights to inform development of scientific content
- Drive and/or support strategy and scientific content development for advisory boards, scientific meetings, including execution of congress deliverables, disease state education programs, and developing/adapting scientific content for digital platforms
- Develop Medical Information standard response documents and support responses to US Medical Information case escalations
- Analyze medical literature to inform medical strategies and tactics
- Effectively manage use of vendors for content development and project-associated budgets
This position offers an opportunity to work in a matrix environment with US and global cross-functional teams that are passionate about supporting Amgens innovative scientific programs. Some travel may be required approximately 10-20%.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a partner with these qualifications.Basic Requirements
- Doctorate degree Or
- Masters degree & 3 years of clinical, academic, or medical communications experience Or
- Bachelors degree & 5 years of clinical, academic, or medical communications experience
- PharmD, PhD, MD, or DO with 1 or more years of demonstrated experience in clinical research, patient care, Medical/Scientific Affairs, and/or basic research (Other doctorate degrees may be considered)
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry, and/or clinical or research experience in the areas of Neuroscience and Inflammation
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- Proficiency in writing and presenting on scientific and clinical data
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project planning skills with strong ability for self-direction
- Demonstrated track record of strategic execution in a matrix environment with limited supervision
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
- Understanding of disease landscape and clinical data to enable critical analysis of scientific literature and communicate implications cross-functionally
- Prior experience of successfully managing consultants and vendors
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.