Associate Director, In Vivo Pharmacology
Founded in 2017 within Flagship Labs, Cellarity’s new approach to drug discovery is based on the computational modeling of cell behavior, leading to a more complete understanding of system and network biology to uncover cell-behavior-targeted medicines for a wide variety of diseases. Cellarity recently raised $123 million in Series B financing. The round included contributions from funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, The Baupost Group, Banque Pictet on behalf of their clients and eight other investors alongside Flagship Pioneering.
Cellarity is generating unprecedented biological insights by combining its unique expertise in network biology, high-resolution data, and machine learning. The result is a new understanding of the cell’s trajectory from health to disease, and how cells relate to one another in tissues. Because the cell and its network of transcripts and proteins offer a more complete view of the complexity of human biology than any individual molecular target, Cellarity’s approach allows for more efficient drug discovery and is designed to drive higher rates of clinical success. Already, the company has seven drug discovery programs underway in diverse therapeutic areas that range from metabolic disease to immuno-oncology.
The successful Series B financing round validates the strength of Cellarity’s science and its potential to redefine drug discovery through its cell-centric approach.
Cellarity is seeking an energetic, talented and highly motivated Associate Director to contribute to our In Vivo Pharmacology efforts and play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress small molecule lead candidates to IND. The candidate will be responsible for internal and external in vivo studies in rodents and non-rodent species. The successful candidate will represent in vivo pharmacology in program teams to rapidly advance Cellarity’s drug discovery programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, driven, open-minded, curious, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- The Associate Director of In Vivo Pharmacology will be responsible for animal drug discovery research activities (study design, study execution, data analysis and study report writing) from exploratory to IND stage in multiple disease indications.
- S/he will be a key contributor for 1-2 exploratory and drug discovery cross functional program teams and will play a leading role in selecting and implementing (internally or externally) the most appropriate and translational disease models, including biomarkers, to address program objectives.
- The candidate will be expected to initiate and closely oversee necessary external collaborations including CROs and academic labs.
- The Associate Director of In Vivo Pharmacology will be expected to effectively communicate study results in program team meetings and various internal governance meetings.
- PhD Degree in Biology or Pharmacology plus a minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience within pharma or biotech drug discovery and drug development
- Experience leading in vivo physiology and pharmacology studies for at least 3 small molecule programs from early discovery to IND in various disease indications and has hands-on experience with IND enabling studies and writing of pharmacology study reports for IND submission
- Proven track record in driving collaborative approaches in drug discovery with internal as well as external partners
- Openness to embrace and effectively utilize new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to build and manage teams within a matrix environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and operate in a fast-paced environment
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.