(CONTRACT) Lab Operations Associate
Manager: Senior Manager, Lab Operations
Department: Technical Operations
Location: Brisbane, CA (May be required to cover Richmond site 1-2 days/ week)
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a temporary Lab Operations Associate to be an integral part of the laboratory operations team. The role will report and provide support to the Senior Lab Operations Manager, largely pertaining to lab freezer inventory, material storage/handling, and day-to-day laboratory maintenance as well as the operational tasks detailed below. Success in this role depends on strong organizational and interpersonal skills, keen attention to detail, and a passion for project and process execution and improvement.
- Support lab operations and maintenance of Technical Operations laboratories
- Under supervision create & maintain lab freezer inventory (-20, -80, LN2 freezers)
- Monitor & maintain overall lab organization and cleanliness
- Maintain operational and safe working environment and help enforce Sangamo’s safety policies and good work practices
- Support equipment maintenance as required
- May include cross training in additional functional areas
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S with 0-2 years of experience
- Must have a teachable spirit, interested in learning new processes, with an attention to detail and high level of responsibility and maturity
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Demonstrate a team-oriented style, strong work ethic, and professional conduct
- Ability to problem solve and promote continuous improvement
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Proficiency in MS Office with data base/spreadsheet experience
- A strong team player with the willingness to wear multiple hats, and the ability to perform a wide range of tasks (from menial to analytical) within a dynamic environment.
- Organized and proactive in all aspects of work, especially in meeting the needs of their internal customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in industrial laboratory setting desired
- Knowledge and experience with biohazard regulations and material handling, including awareness of general industry and laboratory specific safety standards
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.