Associate Director, Facilities (CMMS & Metrology)
Manager: Director, Facilities
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a seasoned Facilities professional with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in positions of increasing responsibility in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Based at Sangamo’s Brisbane, CA headquarters, the Associate Director, Facilities (CMMS & Metrology) will report to the Director of Facilities and will have responsibilities across all Sangamo locations in the San Francisco Bay Area, including the Richmond R&D facility. The position will select, recommend, develop, and implement solutions to Facilities requirements that span all sites. The Associate Director will lead development and implementation of a Metrology program, administration of the Computerized Maintenance Management System, GMP compliance of calibration & maintenance operations, administration of equipment monitoring systems, access control system, emergency alert system, and will provide project management support for development, installation, and implementation of new facilities administration initiatives as required.
- Develop and manage a metrology & calibration program, supporting scheduled and on-demand calibrations for GMP and non-GMP equipment
- Manage response out of tolerance events and metrology / calibration deviations
- Manage administration of Blue Mountain CMMS system and related projects to add CMMS system enhancements
- Manage GMP compliance of calibration & maintenance operations
- Manage equipment monitoring systems
- Manage Facilities ticketing/work order system
- Manage the Company’s emergency alert system
- Optimize and align Facilities processes across sites
- Provide project management support as required (development, installation, and implementation of new facilities administration initiatives)
- Assist Director with expansion to additional facilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in the biotech/pharma industry in R&D and GMP facilities
- Experience with managing a CMMS (experience with Blue Mountain preferred)
- Experience developing and managing a metrology & calibration program
- Experience managing electronic security systems – access, intrusion, surveillance
- Experience managing vendors and contractors, and outsourcing on-site services
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- MS Office, Visio/CAD desired
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone form the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.