Sr. Research Associate - Nonclinical Development
Manager: Scientist II
Department: Nonclinical Development
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Research Associate with hands-on experience in developing molecular biology assays to advance preclinical and clinical programs on genome editing, genome regulation, gene and cell therapy. The successful candidate will be involved in assay development, assay qualification, and study sample testing. The environment is exciting and fast-paced and offers the opportunity to work on cutting edge bioanalytical assay development.
- Develop and qualify DNA- and RNA-based assays supporting pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Perform sample testing for pre-clinical and clinical studies and analyze the resulting data.
- Prepare high-quality documentation including SOPs, qualification plans, qualification reports, study phase reports, and other related documents; maintain excellent lab notebook documentation practices.
- Ensure orderly and timely completion of project assignments.
- Work effectively with colleagues from other groups (e.g. research, pharmacology/toxicology, clinical and technical operations) to accomplish assigned day-to-day responsibilities.
- Present own technical work at departmental meetings and present posters at external meetings.
- Evaluate new technologies and methodologies to improve existing analytical methods; stay current with scientific literature relevant to assigned projects and related areas.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a BS degree or equivalent in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines.
- 8 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 6 years of experience with a Master's degree in biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficiency in a variety of molecular biology techniques (molecular cloning, reverse transcription, PCR) with a shown ability to design, optimize, or adapt experimental protocols. Experience with tissue culture is a plus.
- Effective in experimental design and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and produce creative solutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant data analysis software (SoftMaxPro, JMP, Prism, etc.).
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Desire to seek learning opportunities to enable better execution and deeper scientific understanding of projects and tasks.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills are essential.
- Working experience in Next-Generation sequencing is a plus.
- Experience with the qualification, and/or validation of quantitative assays is a plus.
- Experience working in a GLP or GLP-like environment is a plus.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.