Director, Clinical Sciences
Manager: VP, Clinical Sciences
Location: Brisbane, CA or Remote
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a Director, Clinical Sciences. This role will be a key contributor in building an integrated development plan and will provide support and expertise to new development activities, as well as clinical guidance and assessment of future opportunities to advance the science and address unmet needs in clinical development.
- Provide hands-on participation in the clinical program and trial development process; conceive and execute clinical strategy and contribute clinical expertise for research and development projects in highly competitive therapeutic areas
- Assist in preparation of clinical sections of all relevant documents and regulatory filings (Investigator’s Brochures, INDs, and study reports)
- Assure implementation of latest scientific and clinical thinking as well as guidelines into the clinical development plans, including through interaction with key opinion leaders
- Serve as clinical and technical resource for clinical issues raised by internal and external collaborators, investigators, consultants and contract resources
- Interact in collaborations with strategic partners
- Provide input to and review study start-up documentation, e.g. study protocols, CRF design, source data verification plans based on protocol specifications
- Attend and provide scientific support for investigator and consultant meetings and other study implementation workshops
- Manage studies and provide expertise on clinical issues to other colleagues and study site staff
- Review study data
- Participate in the preparation for regulatory submission activities, as appropriate
- Assist in the development of publications, abstracts, and presentations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- MD or PhD with 5+ years of experience in the pharma/biotech industry conducting and interpreting human clinical studies
- Knowledge of or experience in rare diseases and gene therapy/editing strongly preferred
- Ability to direct strategic interactions and partnerships with outside collaborators, such as academic research groups, corporate partners, CROs and other vendors
- Proven abilities in the review and interpretation of complex scientific data in order to form appropriate clinical opinions
- Outstanding interpersonal, team and collaborative skills, ability to function and influence effectively in a broad multidisciplinary group; consistently looking for win-win solutions to problems
- Passion for continued learning and mentoring
- Results-oriented, self-driven and motivated individual who enjoys the immediacy of personal effort and impact
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone form the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.