Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Line Generation
Obsidian Therapeutics is pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients. Obsidian’s programs apply our CytoDriveTM technology in Cell and Gene therapy products to control expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety. Obsidian’s lead program is currently in preclinical development for the treatment of patients with metastatic melanoma and other solid tumors.
We’re proud of our diverse talented team and committed to cultivating an environment of inclusion where each person feels a strong sense of belonging and is supported to continuously learn and contribute their best work. Our research team is based in the heart of Cambridge, MA, and our Technical Development and Manufacturing will soon be moving to a brand new facility in Bedford, MA to support our growth. Obsidianites enjoy a highly collaborative culture, competitive salary and benefits, and potential for ownership through stock options.
Obsidian Therapeutics is a biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of controllable cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients with intractable diseases. Obsidian’s lead programs are in adoptive immune cell therapy, applying our cytoDRiVE™ technology to control the expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
We are looking for a talented, flexible, collaborative, dynamic scientist to join the Cell Therapy Department as a key contributor to oversee new cell line development and patient-derived (PDx) cancer cell line generation.
This role is a unique opportunity to work at a well-funded startup with blue chip investors, field-leading founders and advisors, and a highly experienced biotech team. You will help us to continue to build a transparent and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in oncology and other areas of greatest clinical need. Located in an energetic environment in the heart of Cambridge, Obsidian is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Lead the development and maintenance of cell banks of engineered cell lines and primary tissues
- Generate a bank of patient derived (PDx) cancer cell lines for use in in vitro functional assessment of cell therapy products
- Support the Discovery team in conceptualizing, developing, assessing and maintaining engineered stable cell lines
- Support the Cell Therapy research teams in isolating, banking, and characterizing primary immune cells (e.g. PBMCs, T cells, NK cells)
- Track and replenish critical cell stocks, as needed
- As time allows, support cell-based assay work for research into novel cell therapies
- Present results internally to key stakeholders and at group meetings
Required Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- BS and/or MS with 6+ years of industry experience in the biological sciences
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a tissue cell bank
- Attention to detail as applied to record keeping and maintenance of an inventory of tissue samples
- Experience developing, propagating and maintaining stocks of engineered stable cell lines
- Demonstrated success in generating primary cell lines, preferably patient derived (PDx) cancer cell lines
- Experience with assays for cell analysis (e.g. western blot, qPCR, flow cytometry)
- Experience with human immune cell isolation (e.g. PBMCs, T cell, NKs) would be a plus
- Scientific rigor in the design, execution, analysis, and troubleshooting of scientific experiments
- Highly motivated team contributor, with ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities
- Skills for effective cross-functional communication with key stakeholders within the Discovery and Cell Therapy and Technical Development teams
- Authorized to work in the US at the time of application
Obsidian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.