Desktop Support Technician
Provide hands-on desktop support for PacBio's IT systems and services and support internal and external customers. This role will support IT operations, provide technical and customer support for desktop hardware and software, and telecom. Pro-actively manage desktop software patching activities. Work with IT team to support infrastructure configuration efforts. Work with IT Service Management process (desktop support software, process and procedural development).
- PC hardware staging, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and asset tracking.
- Manage desktop tools (service desk software), troubleshoot and repair desktop and telecom issues.
- Set up user accounts and workstations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve desktop and telecom issues.
- Support users move, adds and change requests.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Manage stock and supplies (order replenishment).
- Research and resolve user desktop questions and issues.
- Perform PC Hardware deployments, maintenance, turnover and asset management.
- Excellent customer relationship, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively in a high volume, fast paced environment.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to analyze and resolve end-user computer issues. AS degree in Information Technology/ related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of IT help desktop and PC support experience.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Professional certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL, MCP, MCSE.
- Experience troubleshooting/supporting Windows O365/OneDrive/SharePoint Online.
- IT Service Management experience using SolarWinds, ServiceNow, Jira, Zendesk, etc
- Microsoft SCCM experience (preferred).
ATTITUDE & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability and willingness to make an impact.
- Creativity of thought and mindset.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- A passion for discovery.
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Repeat the same movements.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.