Manager, Supply Planning & Reporting
The manager is responsible for providing leadership for the Supply Integration, Supply Networks and Supply Products teams. This position establishes standards and practices for a model supply chain, including developing policies, procedures and techniques that are consistent with the strategic IOPS direction and sound principles of supply chain management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May manage the IPS Process, Demand Planning Process, Supply Planning Process and Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
- Understands and escalates supply risks and constraints across end to end program networks.
- Guides alignment with internal and external manufacturing stakeholders to develop production plans, including partners and collaborators.
- May be responsible for managing forecasting and demand intake activities associated with clinical, commercial and independent demand.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure effective and disciplined planning of materials to meet requirements as defined by program development (commercial, clinical and independent) by consistently achieving customer orders.
- Actively seeks creative supply solutions to optimize Supply Chain Planning.
- Supports compliance activities for Supply Chain.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives and enhances Supply Chain Planning process development by communicating performance standards, developing joint improvement initiatives and actively soliciting formal feedback.
- Creates and publishes metrics to evaluate overall plan/process effectiveness that drive positive results, get to root cause and support annual IOPS objectives.
- Maintains awareness of current industry standards, trends and practices.
- Adds value to Planning and Supply Chain management team.
- Approaches business challenges from a macro perspective, resolves strategic issues effectively and supports the Supply Chain leadership team by providing timely analysis of tactical operations and long-term strategic needs.
- Provides leadership and works collaboratively with other functions within Regeneron to prepare IOPS for the future and secure daily activities.
- Assists with regular operational meetings, goal setting and mid-year/year-end reporting.
- Represents as needed or performs other activities as required by the business.
- Provides coaching to direct reports, including employee development plans.
- Fosters a healthy work environment where employees feel valued and respected.
- Embraces and promotes the Regeneron Way.
- The position can require domestic U.S. travel and potential international travel approximately up to 10% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Associate Manager: Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Science background and 6 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manager: Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Science background and 7 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Senior Manager: Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Science background and 8 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience a plus.
- GMP regulated experience a plus.
- APICS or other related purchasing certifications a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in planning, drug development, performance metrics and project management.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, work extended hours when required, make sound decisions under pressure and work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Oracle and Access Database.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team and supervise and coach staff.
- Experience with interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate details clearly and effectively.
- Attention to detail, fact-based, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong working knowledge of supply chain management at both the development stage for clinical supplies as well as at the commercial stage preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement knowledge a plus.