Senior Category Manager, Indirect Procurement- Remote Opportunity
Do you want to join a team where the mission is meaningful, the challenges are complex, and you can directly see the results of your hard work? At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
This is a remote position: Open to candidates anywhere in greater United States
The Senior Category Manager will drive, lead, implement and manage best practice strategic Sourcing processes, actions and systems by utilizing Category Management. The Senior Category Manager, Procurement is overall responsible for the development and execution of Sourcing strategies for multiple indirect spend category families (including CRM, Market Data, Commercial Training, Contract Sales, and Sales Support Services) leading to increased cross-functional value generation.
- Utilizes defined Category Management processes and proactively develop and apply Sourcing strategies for multiple spend categories, primarily within indirect spend.
- Partners with the line of Business (LOB) to establish and execute category strategies, provide category insights, recommendations and guidance based on evolving business needs
- Constructively challenges LOB in order to identify new value and process optimization opportunities.
- Identifies and drives strategic sourcing projects (80%) together with other sourcing projects/tasks (20%).
- Carries end-to-end responsibility for the (e-)RFx (RFP, RFQ, RFI) processes in coordination with LOB.
- Performs category planning and stakeholder management to identify current and upcoming Sourcing needs and compare to specific market conditions.
- Mentor others both within and outside of Procurement
- As part of dynamic team, leads development of systems and process roadmaps to optimize performance of S2P activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years relevant work experience in Category Management and/or strategic sourcing concepts or methodologies.
- Indirect spend experience including working with suppliers through life cycle management for categories such as CRM, Market Data, Commercial Training, Contract Sales, and/or Sales Support Services.
- Mastery of strategic Sourcing concepts; e.g. theoretical insight combined with track record of strategic sourcing and Category Management; Spend Analysis; Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Proven skillset as a strong collaborator and business partner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) from ISM (Institute for Supply Management)
- International exposure and work as strategic contributor to a global team
- Sourcing/procurement experience as part of a Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences company, working both strategically and operationally with vendors/suppliers.
- SAP Ariba experience is an advantage
• Willingness/Ability to travel up to 20% domestically. International travel may be required
The range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado and Connecticut, if selected for this role, and may vary based on various factors such as the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. Salary Pay Range: $120,000 - $145,000 and eligibility for a 15% bonus target based on company and individual performance, and eligibility to participate in the company's long-term incentive plan. Benefits for this position include flexible paid time off (PTO), health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, and company match 401k. Additional benefits information can be found on our career site.
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.