Project Manager, Global PV Portfolio Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Project Manager, Global PV Portfolio Management reports through Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety (PPS) and is responsible for driving high-impact, cross-functional projects across PPS stakeholders. Specific responsibilities include:
- Partners hand-in-hand with business stakeholders to lead the assessment, design, and implementation of complex, cross-functional, projects
- Leads the approach and solutioning of projects including structuring ambiguous problems issues, designing analysis, formulating project approach, and driving team
- Leads project team meetings effectively. Uses the project governance process to effectively escalate and drive resolution of project issues. Demonstrates effective group facilitation skills and ability to drive consensus among team members regarding process changes.
- Collaborates effectively with management, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and team members inside and outside of PPT to design and implement cross-functional solutions.
- Utilizes change management techniques to drive sustainable business impact
- Develops effective working relationships with project team members. Communicates (oral and written) and interacts effectively with project sponsors, and shares information regarding projects concisely and effectively to project stakeholders.
- Leads by influence, developing ideas from concept to execution; positively influences project team members and outcomes without direct authority.
- Implements a “no-churn” project management approach for initiatives; develops project plans in support of the project management approach.
- Prepares status reports and dashboards using standard templates. Tracks risks and mitigation plans; tracks issues and facilitates resolution.
- Facilitates business teams to develop current state and future state process models.
- Drives deliverable preparation and owns individual deliverables (process or analytical models, compliance documentation, presentation materials, etc.)
- Level of position is commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Education and Experience Required:For Project Manager:Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or a financial related discipline.
- 6 + years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with an emphasis on the technical (chemistry, biology, clinical) and business (project management, contracting, outsourcing, finance) aspects.
- PMP Certification preferred but not required.
- For Associate Project Manager:Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or a financial related discipline.
- 4 + years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with an emphasis on the technical (chemistry, biology, clinical) and business (project management, contracting, outsourcing.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.