Sr. Manager, PhRD Digital Programs
The Sr. Manager, PhRD Digital Programs is a newly created position within BioTherapeutics Pharmaceutical Sciences (BTxPS), Pharmaceutical Research and Development (PhRD) responsible for defining and executing a strategy to enable a fully integrated digital ecosystem. This will ensure that PhRD colleagues are strategically positioned to be able to advance initiatives across a variety of areas including to laboratories, manufacturing, operations, and regulatory filings to support our pipeline moving at the speed of science. Delivering this strategy in alignment with the overarching BTxPS Digital Strategy, and in collaboration with partners across BTxPS, Quality, Regulatory, and Pfizer Digital will require a strong communicator who is passionate about enabling our digital transformation through foundational efforts across lines as well as line specific transformational initiatives.
They will lead a PhRD Digital Team and will be responsible for building and maintaining an effective communication link between the BTx PS Digital Core Team, PhRD Digital Team and groups within PhRD. They will be responsible for evaluating proposals, and forecasting budgets and resources needed to progress the initiatives. This person will foster, inspire, and enable PhRD colleagues to adopt new ways of working that accelerate our performance and Digital Strategy through optimized, simplified and sustainable digital processes, technologies and procedures.
- Facilitate the analysis of key PhRD processes and engage PhRD colleagues in identifying problems, unnecessary complexity, and digital opportunities so that innovative and regulatory compliant solutions can be surfaced. Create and update process and data flow models.
- Understand the relevant technology landscape to discuss and assess requirements and options with other technical team members and to leadership, including systems specific knowledge, understanding of systems architecture, and fit with the wider digital workflow automation ecosystem
- Lead the PhRD Digital Team of SMEs from within PhRD lines
- Identify opportunity areas and lead projects to increase automation of workflows across PhRD or workflows in collaboration with other groups
- Identify risks and issues in digital processes, and lab and manufacturing data and systems.
- Capture clear workflows and translating those into user requirements, that can be digested by teams working on digital solutions.
- Define and communicate the PhRD digital strategy to PhRD and key partners across BTxPS, Quality, Regulatory, and Pfizer Digital
- Evaluate digital proposals and lab and manufacturing system and application needs across PhRD
- Independently lead efforts across PhRD to identify gaps and define solution requirements for Digital Products and workflow automation efforts.
- Proactively envision PhRD Digital needs for business planning purposes and deliver annual digital investment forecast for PhRD
- Represent PhRD solution requirements to BTxPS Digital Strategy Core Team and provide input for proposal vetting.
- Communicate progress and challenges to leadership and department lines.
- Utilize proven continuous improvement methods to pilot ideas, and deliver bottom line, quantified results.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement that will be achieved through team building, education/ coaching and enabling people to solve problems and bring forth ideas.
- Be an active and visible change agent, fostering a flexible and open mindset to new opportunities, and increasing digital competencies across PhRD.
- BS in scientific, computer science, or engineering discipline with 12+ years of experience
- 7-10 years related experience in development, production or scientific operations of biological therapeutics and/or vaccines within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Skilled at identifying problems (problem sensitivity) and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities and objectives simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently on individual goals and contribute collaboratively to team goals; enjoys achieving goals through collaborative effort.
- Highly developed organizational skills, experienced in and highly skilled at functioning at a high level in a matrix organization
- Ability to lead a team, leveraging and/or engaging others to accomplish projects, and equally as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Deep knowledge and 10+ years of experience working with various aspects of drug development.
- Proven experience working on projects related to lab data systems/knowledge management, and success working with business partners that drive project completion
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office knowledge management systems
- Additional Education/certifications in Information Technology such as experience with Oracle hosted applications, Citrix hosted applications, LIMS Basic / .NET / Visual Basic / HTML / Java, Empower (or other Choromatography data systems), end user application support, developing and delivering end user application training and Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Proven analytical skills, problem-solving capabilities
- Strong business and technical aptitude with an attitude to solve complex problems.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Experience with authoring and/or submitting regulatory documents.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional work outside business hours to accommodate other Pfizer sites, partners and manufacturing schedules.
- Up to 20% travel to Pharm Sci BTx (Andover, MA; St Louis, MO; Durham, NC; Cambridge, UK)
Additional Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply: October 26, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE