Manager, Core Operations
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
This role reports into the Pfizer Core Operations group. Core Operations is part of the Controller’s organization in Pfizer and plays a vital role in the collection, consolidation and reporting of financial information for the company as well as the preparation of metrics over various financial reporting areas. The team collaborates with global, market, regional and HQ Business Finance as it relates to various data collection activities (sales, trial balance, inventory markup and supplemental/disclosure data) data submission requirements, systems/process training and financial reporting & analysis (both internal and external).
This position within the Core Operations group is responsible for the preparation/review of key financial schedules/analytics and execution of financial reporting processes that are critical to the consolidated financial reporting both internally and externally for Pfizer. In accomplishing this, the individual in this role will interact with colleagues globally across numerous functions within Pfizer’s Finance & Business Operations organization and will be expected to not only execute their job responsibilities with a high degree of integrity and quality, but also be an active contributor to continuous improvement initiatives.
Manage the Flash Package documentation process and related deliverables. Oversee and analyze quarterly schedules in the Flash Package provided to Management in preparation for the Earnings Review Meeting with the Controller.
• Lead pre-quarter Controllers meetings and quarterly Earnings Review meeting with the Controller, and ensure all follow-up inquiries are resolved timely.
• Supervise the quarterly balance sheet analytics process and related deliverables through interaction with key business partners, knowledge of business operations.
• Deliver robust, value-added balance sheet analysis to Management on a quarterly basis
* Review the consolidated cash flow statement; ensuring accurate presentation and classification of transactions.
* Analyze financial statements and footnote disclosures for highest risk/complexity areas for inclusion in external filings 10Q/10K, including related External Reporting tasks.
* Lead the planning and implementation of Tax Strategies, review step plans, assess foreign exchange risks, and review pro forma entries in support of legal entity mergers, reorganizations and/or liquidations.
* Review and present metrics over financial reporting to Core Operations Management with a focus on continuous improvement geared toward conveying risks/opportunities through review of KPI’s
* Proactively identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities and partner with process stakeholders to achieve a “Best in Class” Controllers organization
* Deliver trainings and instructions on various topics including consolidations processes, financial reporting tools and applications.
* Liaise with business finance partners regarding special projects, reporting issues, analysis of results, and need for adjusting entries. Review and approve adjusting journal entries as necessary.
* Support M&A projects ensuring timely and accurate reporting; leverage analytical skills and knowledge of systems/processes to support complex business transactions
* Review internal controls and ensure they are designed and operating effectively, in accordance with SOX requirements and company policies
* Collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure successful completion of audits
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders (Tax, Treasury, External Reporting, Commercial Finance, Global Business Services, etc.)
- +5 years of experience in an accounting, audit, or financial reporting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA License
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting requirements which enables participation in a broad spectrum of accounting/financial reporting tasks/projects.
- Demonstrates business acumen and ability to “connect” financial results to business activity in order to “stress test” accuracy/integrity of results and add value to analytics.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and is change agile.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize demands effectively.
- Self-starter who brings energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude to every responsibility and project. Has a passion for new ideas and a sustained focus on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Team player with the ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with others.
- Demonstrates an ongoing desire to learn and a commitment to personal development.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills; can lead meetings and effectively convey ideas to others either in an individual or group setting.
- Big 4 Auditing Experience highly preferred
- Previous Project Management experience
- Experience with a large, multi-national company is preferred
- Competency with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Essbase or other financial reporting/consolidation software is a plus.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Finance & Accounting#LI-PFE