Associate, Continuous Improvement Specialist
At Pfizer, our mission is to inspire a best-in-class culture of continuous improvement and project management that empowers colleagues and enables simple, effective processes. Whether you are managing projects or liaising with others, your contribution in this team will help in making our work easier and faster so that we can deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives.What You Will Achieve
The position is a member of one or more “Work Area” Process Centric Team(s) (PCT), responsible for driving effective execution and sustainability of the Integrated Manufacturing Excellence (IMEx) continuous improvement (CI) processes in the Quality Control Analytical labs or Operations. Primary responsibilities include identification, prioritization, management and execution of CI opportunities to improve the overall operational effectiveness of the PCT, reduce sources of loss, and meet improvement targets. Analyze data to drive root cause analyses and to prioritize improvements. Support the establishment of PCT goals in alignment with the sites CI Goal cascade. The CI Specialist will provide coaching and leadership to projects ranging from basic issues to problems that are moderately-complex and cross-functional in nature. This role is a key enabler to the successful deployment and sustainability of IMEx, Pfizer’s production system, within the work center(s).How You Will Achieve It
- Drive effective execution and sustain support of the IMEx continuous improvement (CI) process at the PCT (Tier 1). Identify, manage, and execute CI projects.
- Lead moderately complex operational excellence initiatives (Lean Six Sigma problem solving).
- Coach and develop operational excellence skills of PCT members and drive a culture of continuous improvement within their team.
- Input and analyze data from IMEx elements and other work units to identify areas for improvement and largest sources of loss, including collaboration with CI Specialists across ecosystems. Collaborate with other PCT members and Element Owners on identifying continuous improvement opportunities. Utilize data to influence project prioritization.
- Coach PCT on the CI Loop visual management principles and the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) process.
- Facilitate CI Loop meetings and project prioritization and escalation. Attend daily Tier 1 meetings, and facilitate real-time structured problem solving. Participate in or lead monthly Tier 2 CI meeting.
- Receive and provide Structured GEMBA on the CI Loop Element.
- Work with PCT Lead, IMEx Deployment Lead, Tier 1 & 2 Element Owners, Operational Excellence and Area Leadership to build, maintain and improve IMEx within the work area.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of relevant experience required
- Experienced in using root cause analysis methods
- A change agent who is dedicated to driving cultural and technical changes through their work
- Self-motivated and able to develop work relationships in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities
- Able to coach others on using structured problem-solving techniques
- Understanding of LEAN management/ production system and desire to grow LEAN capabilities to further drive CI on site
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative analysis, team facilitation, and effective communications with different levels of the organization through project execution
- Science, Engineering, or related field of study preferred
- Experience within GMP environment and/or the Pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Lean Tool experience or Lean Yellow/Green Belt
- Experienced with statistical software applications
- Project management experience
- Manufacturing suite and lab gowning and PPE
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Position is first shift Monday through Friday. Some off hour (night/weekend/holiday) support may be required to support continuous improvement activities
- Occasional travel may be required for specific projects or training
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Continuous Imprv and Proj Mgmt