Regional Business Director, Oncology, Mid-Atlantic Region
Title:Regional Business Director, Oncology, Mid-Atlantic Region
Company:Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Regional Business Director (RBD) will help build Ipsen’s sales organization and will be responsible for leading the oncology sales force in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The RBD will develop the business plan for the Northeast and implement national sales strategies and programs to meet or exceed all assigned goals while maintaining compliance with Ipsen’s Policies that govern field sales activity. The RBD will focus the team on delivering high impact opportunities by identifying issues and implementing customer specific approaches based upon their needs and preferences; the RBD will accomplish this by using robust analytical rigor to frame situations, establishing relationships with key customers and opinion leaders to incorporate new perspectives and ideas.
The RBD will be accountable for building the business and market for Ipsen’s portfolio of oncology products in the Mid-Atlantic region over time. The RBD is accountable for assessing the current business environment and practice models in each of their accounts to develop and maintain key partnering relationships internally through a matrix team and externally with key accounts and key opinion leaders. The RBD will manage a budget and a team of 8-10 oncology focused sales representatives within the region to achieve short and long-term objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead the oncology sales force activities in the Mid-Atlantic Region including: recruiting, hiring, training, development, performance evaluation, and compliance to Ipsen’s corporate policies
• Meet or exceed the region's assigned sales targets and align field activities to the strategic initiatives of the brand
• Analyze the region’s business and build short and long term business plans that meet/exceed sales goals and drive sales growth
• Set clear expectations and evaluate compliance to Ipsen’s Regulatory Standards and Promotional Policies for all members in the Mid-Atlantic region
• Coach sales representatives in line with Ipsen’s sales model to drive sustained improvement in core sales competencies; including product and reimbursement/fulfillment skills sets
• Partner with members of the Value & Access team and Product Reimbursement Managers to develop appropriate business strategies that drive access to the brand and support the brand objectives
• Partner with Sales Operations to affect the data input and analysis of physician and other customer profile information to ensure appropriate resources are deployed within the district
• Build and sustain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders
• Establish and develop cross-functional partnerships and appropriately leverage Ipsen’s resources to achieve the business objectives for the Mid-Atlantic
• Set clear expectations for utilization of approved promotional programs
• Communicate competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management
• Utilize clinical information to appropriately and effectively address customer questions
• Communicate clear and compelling messages to varied audiences; insuring that message is appropriate and compliant.
As this is a management role, supervisory and team leadership responsibilities include but is not limited to:
• Recruit and hire talented sales staff
• Manage effective performance by providing feedback, coaching and realistic development opportunities.
• The candidate will need to demonstrate appropriate leadership, communication and strategic skills, commensurate with a Director level position
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
• BS/BA is mandatory, an advanced degree would be a plus
• At least 8 years sales experience within biopharma, with at least 3 years of sales leadership/management of oncology products
• Extensive knowledge of the payer landscape in the Mid-Atlantic region and the factors that drive access and product pull through
Experience with injectable medications and both the buy and bill and specialty pharmacy fulfillment pathways
• Demonstrated leadership skills and a track record of delivering exceptional business results and launching new products
• Familiar with trade relations, reimbursement environment, government programs, managed care, formulary and contract negotiation
• Significant experience with payer or integrated health systems and key account management
• Superior presentation, organizational and administrative and skills
• Outstanding communication skills including written and verbal both in-person and via virtual channels (e.g. Zoom, Teams, WebEx, etc.)
• Maintain composure and diplomacy when working under pressure, deadlines, and tenuous or ambiguous circumstances.
• Ability to tactfully handle various situations and make decisions in a professional and unbiased manner.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.