Director/Sr Director, Program Management
This role will manage both early and late phase radiopharmaceutical programs and will require knowledge of drug development process and inter-dependencies of key functions including research, clinical, manufacturing, commercial and external partners. This role requires demonstrated success in managing programs using best-in-class methodologies and software combining strong foundational knowledge of various segments of the life sciences industry with strong analytical ability, effective and refined communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have extreme attention to detail as well as the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities. The role requires someone who is able to organize projects effectively in a rapidly growing, fast-paced company. Positive attitude and excellent communication skills are a must.
What You Will Do:
- Apply best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects, and to interact with all program stakeholders including pre-clinical and clinical development, business, manufacturing, commercial, regulatory and quality departments to ensure alignment and efficient execution on program goals, timelines, and resources required.
- Provide program management expertise for multiple projects that may include external co-development partnerships.
- Ensure that cross-functional core team(s) are aligned on goals and timelines to deliver milestones on or ahead of schedule.
- Lead cross functional team members to identify critical path activities, and resource constraints, risks and conflicts that could impact the schedule, timelines and costs.
- Bridge the gap between strategy and tactical execution at the project level. This position requires knowledge and experience in effectively managing project risks, diverse disciplines, cultures, locations, personalities, communication styles, conflicting priorities and/or requirements.
- Identify and leverage inter-dependencies in short-, mid-, and long-term program plans and advise teams on areas of risk or possibilities to accelerate development
- Challenge assumptions and provide recommendations to improve processes and outcomes
- Create and manages the integration of project schedules and budgets.
- Resolve resource allocation issues, conflicts, and priorities to ensure the project is staffed appropriately, completed on time, and within budget constraints.
- Measure progress, communicate, and escalate proactively impact of changes (e.g. scope, cross functional resources, timelines, costs, etc.) to the leadership team and to other key stakeholders.
- Effectively and concisely deliver presentations at leadership meetings utilizing project dashboards, and direct messaging.
- Contribute to the functional excellence of program management by participation in the development and continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and tools related to program and portfolio management practices.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- BS/BA degree in Life Sciences discipline and 15+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, including experience with both early and late phase pharmaceutical Program Management including IND/CTA, NDA/MAA submissions OR
- Master's degree in Life Sciences discipline and 12+ years of similar experience noted above, OR
- PhD in Life Sciences discipline and 12+ years of similar experience noted above
- PMP Certification highly desired
- Experience with small biotech high desired