Account Representative - Life Sciences
At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future and are focused on creating a healthier world for all. Throughout our 120 global locations, our values guide us as we create innovative solutions for the world’s water challenges. We bring water to life!
As a Pentair employee, you would enjoy a wide array of benefit options to help keep you and your family healthy and protected, a generous 401(k) and ESPP to help you save for retirement, plus paid time off and wellness programs to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
We currently have a career position open for a Central North American Account Representative - Life Sciences based out of the Minnesota White Bear Lake Plant. Due to the nature of our market position, we are focusing on candidates with combined selling experience and a Chemical and/or Mechanical Engineering background. The successful candidate will be naturally driven, hunter, dynamic and have strong relationship building and presentation skills. Candidate will have a strong track record in a Sales and business development positions with experience ideally in the Life Science and Industrial Filtration markets.
The Account Representative - Life Sciences works to understand client requirements, design solutions, and to help client understand the value of Pentair’s products, solutions and technologies. The primary focus is to build both short- and long-term value with technical and functional wins during the sales cycle. Pentair’s OEM and Engineered Filtration platform (part of Pentair’s Industrial Filtration Unit) is a global leader in advanced separation and filtration products and solutions. We develop a wide range of filtration and separation technologies, which include, coalescing media, particulate filtration media and other separation technologies depending upon the requirements. We have built a reputation that is second to none and we are continually diversifying our solutions and product offering to an ever changing market.
- Maximizing sales revenue of established accounts and region, as well as targeting new business opportunities and new customers through the development of key personal relationships.
- Ability to interface and make technical presentations and demonstrations to clients and customers.
- Develop an understanding of market trends with regard to Life Science and Industrial Filtration industry worldwide.
- Develop strategy for separations technology, components and systems in the Process Technology Industry in conjunction with local vertical market leaders. Customer focus in the Life Science, Gas Processing, Petrochemical sectors.
- Capable of utilizing available tools to generate own leads.
- Build a pipeline and demonstrate effectiveness at closing opportunities.
- Experience with a multi-channel approach - direct to end customers, distributors and OEMs.
- Participate in sales forecasting and financial planning processes, including monthly reports
- Represent company at trade-shows for all business segments
- Maintain excellent communications externally and internally, in a well-organized fashion. Expected to conduct effective technical presentations by web-conference as well as in person.
- Work closely with internal teams in bid & proposal process and clearly understanding all customer needs and expectations.
- Strong technical sales and account management & project management experience.
- Work with end-users and internal teams to bring ideas and innovation together to develop new solutions, grow market-share and penetrate new markets.
- Understanding of competitive marketplace.
- Expected to keep the sales leadership team and engineering teams informed of all market intelligence.
- An ability to anticipate and plan for changing trends in the market and develop the sales tools & account plans to achieve the sales targets & goals.
- Experience in the Life Science, preferable in breathing circuits and/or blood, Industry and Industrial Filtration Market
- 3 -5 years' industry experience
- 5+ years industrial selling experience
- Team oriented and strong communication skills
- Ability to travel 50-60% of the time
- Speaks English fluently
- Bachelor's degree (Technical degree Preferred)
- Proficient with CRM platforms – Salesforce
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer