Sr. Material Coordinator
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Material CoordinatorLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will join the Inspection and Packaging Operations and will be receiving and distributing components to support the manufacturing operations at various manufacturing stages of the products. Process include storage product in temperature-controlled units or rooms. In addition, you will be responsible for product inventory, which is controlled through an inventory management system, that supports cycle counts and end of day counts.Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle flow of all materials
- Prepare materials delivery schedules and ensure all required materials are available to align with production schedules.
- Receive, store, deliver, transfer and reconcile material per cGMP procedures and regulations, within multiple systems and/or between multiple sites.
- Use hand truck and pallet jacks to move materials and products following approved procedures SOPs
- Identify and report malfunctions of equipment as needed.
- Support non-standard shift operations in a 7/24 format including extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
- May lead a group of material coordinators to support achieving team goals and timelines.
- May interact with regulatory agencies
- Essential physical functions of this role are: standing, walking or moving around offices, work site or Amgen buildings, climbing, crawling, crouching, or other non-sitting working positions, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling heavy objects with appropriate industrial equipment, visual/mental concentration on specialized equipment and instruments, extreme temperatures (i.e.: cold/hot rooms) or wetness, fumes, vibrations, dust exposure, among other tasks as per business needs. Exposure to noise, odors, dust, and other conditions that involve the use of protective equipment and/or strict work guidelines.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Sr. Material Coordinator professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.The basic qualifications are:
Associate Degree and 4 years of manufacturing, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, warehouse, and/or supply chain experience
High School Diploma and 6 years of manufacturing, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, warehouse, and/or supply chain experienceBeyond that, the additional preferred qualifications are:
- Experience working in a GMP regulated industry
- Experience operating packaging equipment, e.g. forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, etc.
- Robust knowledge in computer operations with the ability to operate multiple software applications including but not limited to: SAP, EBR, Werum (MES) and LIMs systems
- Experience loading and unloading containers
- Hand truck License is required per site or specific job function
- Ability to cautiously handle, transport, and manage materials
- Organization skills and talent to perform assignments with a high degree of attention to detail
- Good documentation and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and coordinate work to meet deadlines
- Basic Communication Skills in English and Spanish
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.