Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) MangerJob Summary:
We are looking for an authority in Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager (EHSS) to drive best-in-class EHSS performance in a diverse and rapidly growing manufacturing environment! The successful candidate will be responsible for leading key EHSS programs, partnering with clients to advance their safety culture and performance.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of all EHSS subject areas and be able to support their business clients with input from other EHSS subject matter authorities at the site and from within the Amgen EHSS community. Advanced expertise is required in several of the following fields as a subject matter authority.
- Industrial Safety
- Industrial Hygiene
- Environmental Compliance
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Culture Development
- Serve as program owner and site authority for key EHSS programs
- Apply a Plan, Do Check, Act management systems approach to drive continuous improvement of assigned EHSS programs and to achieve best in class performance
- Ensuring Regulatory compliance with SOPs and Regulatory authorities
- Implement robust compliance readiness and internal auditing program for each program
- Provide regular updates to Global Program owners and EHSS Site Lead on the status of each program
- Partner with assigned clients to drive best-in-class EHSS performance.
- Implement safety culture program to integrate EHSS as part of day to day client operations.
- Ability to analyze problems, process sophisticated data, establish facts, and decision
- Establish and implement risk assessment plans for clients to ensure all risks are addressed and control systems are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure all changes with potential EHSS impact are assessed and controls are established prior to implementation
- Ensure all hazards are identified and risks are assessed
- Establish safe work procedures for hazardous work
- Conduct regular inspections of the work areas
- Supervise incident trends and conduct incident investigations to implement robust corrective actions to prevent future incidents and injuries
- Conduct regular EHSS management reviews with Client Leadership
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.