Senior Analyst, Quality Control (Biochemistry-Night Shift)
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments beginning with SMA but also focusing on Rett Syndrome and Friedreich's Ataxia.
Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Senior Analyst, Quality Control assists and supports the organization with initial compliance and ongoing preparation, testing and monitoring of conformance to established quality processes and standards for manufacturing and production.
Schedule: Ability to work 2-3-2 mirroring manufacturing. Monday-Thursday 3:30pm-2am or Tuesday-Friday 3:30pm-2am.
- Executes routine and non-routine analysis, including but not limited to raw materials, in-process items and finished product according to established operating procedures.
- Responsible for broader range of laboratory support functions and procedures as assigned, developing capability in advance technical skills, disciplines, and procedures within assigned discipline area(s).
- Ensures assigned to specific disciplines, but will support all necessary laboratory and assay functions, including housekeeping, safety, logbook/equipment use and maintenance, and updates to existing and authors new operating procedures.
- Capable of delivering to assigned work schedule with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Notifies management, initiates (such as Laboratory Investigations) and authors minor events/discrepancies in the quality systems, with little to no guidance from advisor or management.
- Leads special projects on analytical and instrument problem solving by execution of assay. May develop testing and analysis methods and procedures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Understands the basic process improvement methodologies, learning and applying concepts of lean lab and six sigma that are applicable to the QC lab environment.
- May facilitate training to other team members in the organization.
- Ensures calibrates and maintains lab and analytical equipment are performed within established period.
- Conducts review of logbooks and may perform reviews as assigned by management
- May assist in drafting technical documents such as Protocols / Report to support method verification/validations.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in scientific disciplines such as Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related field with 2 years' experience in GMP environment.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with strong technical writing experience required and ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of core duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to gown for entry into Aseptic core and supporting areas and lift approximately 25 pounds.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.