Scientist I, Biochemistry
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
We are seeking a Scientist I to accelerate the research and development efforts of our next generation sequencing platform. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with molecular biology and/or biochemistry techniques, and next-generation sequencing workflows. This position will also require an ability to work cross-functionally with bioinformatics, engineering, and manufacturing departments.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Scientist will carefully execute laboratory experiments, including creating DNA libraries derived from genomic DNA, targeted panels, amplification of the library on-surface, QC using fluorescent microscopy, and data analysis.
- The Scientist will work with team leads to contribute input into the design of experiments on biochemistry and molecular.
- He/she will adapt protocols done on the bench for automated liquid handling.
- The ideal candidate can collaborate with members of the bioinformatics, engineering, manufacturing, and chemistry teams to analyze and compare large data sets from various experiments, summarize, interpret, present data, and design experiments for the next steps.
- She/he will contribute to the overall success of the technology through patents or scientific publications.
- MS or Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular/Cell Biology, Bioengineering or a related field with >4 years of hands-on laboratory experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with molecular techniques and with biochemical mechanisms for enzymes.
- Working knowledge and experience with modern nucleic acid sequence analysis and other bioinformatics tools is desired.
- Experience with fluidic systems and the development of biochemistry workflows on an automated system is an advantage.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate interactions with a highly cross-functional team.
- Experience working with library preparation, isothermal amplification and some understanding of surface covalent chemistry is an advantage.
- Experience with Excel, ImageJ, JMP, Geneious, and Python is advantage.
ATTITUDE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will facilitate interactions with a highly interdisciplinary team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment start-up environment.
- Willingness to be collaborate.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory environment for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged periods of computer work required for data analysis and other duties.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 Lbs.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.