Senior Research Associate, Drug Substance Analytical Sciences
Omega Therapeutics is a development-stage biotechnology company pioneering a new class of programmable, mRNA-encoded therapeutics to transform human medicine. The OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform harnesses the power of epigenetics, the mechanism that controls gene expression and every aspect of an organism's life from cell genesis, growth and differentiation to cell death. The OMEGA platform enables control of fundamental epigenetic processes to correct the root cause of disease by returning aberrant gene expression to a normal range without altering native nucleic acid sequences. Omega’s engineered, modular, and programmable mRNA-encoded epigenetic medicines, Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, target specific intervention points amongst the thousands of validated novel DNA-sequence-based epigenomic targets we have mapped to tune single or multiple genes to treat and cure disease through Precision Genomic Control™. Omega is currently advancing a broad pipeline of development candidates spanning a range of disease areas, including oncology, regenerative medicine, multigenic diseases including immunology, and select monogenic diseases.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Senior Research Associate to join our Analytical Sciences team supporting analytical development of release, stability and characterization methods of molecules of interest. The candidate must be independent and motivated, and able to efficiently advance multiple programs.
As part of the Analytical Sciences team, they will work closely with Process Development, Formulation Development, and Discovery Biology to develop, synthesize, purify, and characterize critical molecules of interest. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry concepts, with broad experience in mRNA production, and excellent organizational and documentation skills.
We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced scientific team.
- Contribute to the development of platform molecular, biochemical, and cellular QC ready analytical methods for nucleic acids, proteins, lipids, and associated impurities
- Follow routine procedures/SOPs to perform testing and characterization of genomic modulators, Omega Controllers™
- Conduct, troubleshoot, and modify/optimize experiments to reach desired goals and develop SOPs
- Working closely with Process Sciences, assist in analytical development for in vitro transcribed mRNA
- Work independently, as well as, collaborate with colleagues in support of project goals
- Communicate research and development findings with internal teams
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- Critically review and analyze data, communicate results, present findings and draft technical reports
- Support development of standard operating procedures, technology transfer activities and documentation in support of regulatory filings
- BA/BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with 3-5+ years of laboratory experience OR MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in analytical development of methods for assessing biomacromolecules such as mRNA, pDNA, siRNA, proteins or viral gene therapy
- Experience with development of analytical technologies including SDS-PAGE, western blotting, HPLC, pH & conductivity, plate-based immunoassays, qPCR, agarose gel analysis, capillary electrophoresis
- Experience in a quality control group is highly desired
- Cell biology including cell line culturing & maintenance, transfection and analysis is highly desired
- Able to execute and optimize analytical SOPs for mRNA and protein production
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint); prior experience with electronic laboratory notebooks and inventory systems is preferred
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Motivated and curious, experience working with highly technical projects and personnel
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities- comfortable delivering against challenging commitments