Leader, Cost Accounting
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
North Chicago is one of AbbVie’s key manufacturing sites for API(Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient), including Rinvoq, Survanta, Elagolix and other Third-Party products. North Chicago Finance is responsible for the financial control, reporting and analysis of the North Chicago Manufacturing Operation. The team provides financial support to manufacturing operations including Product Production, Maintenance, Engineering, and Materials Management.
This supervisory role is responsible for financial accounting, cost allocation, collection of data and preparation of reports that maintain AbbVie’s cost accounting systems for businesses supported. This role will also be the lead for one of the Americas Pharma Region Non-Lake County manufacturing facilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the annual cost standards setting process, developing, and consolidating the annual financial plan, and assist in the development of the plant’s long-range plan; develop year-to-year cost change analysis and present to North Chicago Operations management.
- Lead the consolidation of one of the Americas Pharma Region Non-Lake County manufacturing facilities including monthly financial results, LBE, Plan, and LRP. This role will present to site operations management all financial aspects of the site.
- Driving spending reporting and analysis of all North Chicago Operations business units.
- Together with the North Chicago Plant Controller, act as a lead for the North Chicago Operations finance team during internal and/or other audit engagements.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support complex decision making.
- Supervise 1 financial analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 4 years of finance/accounting experience
- Proficient in systems/spreadsheet consolidation skills
- Possess a working knowledge of the Corporate Financial Manual (CFM) and the ability to apply proper policies to business issues.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Experience in a manufacturing setting with experience in plant cost accounting and/or operations
- Experience with SAP in a plant environment
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.