Associate Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manage and build a scalable Business Intelligence platform to empower the global community to answer key business questions through the utilization of process metrics and performance analysis of AbbVie's Enterprise IT applications. In this role, you will work with multiple process areas across Sales, Procurement, Finance and Operations. The scope of the role will leverage today’s most innovative Business Intelligence solutions to provide end-to-end Information Management to our business community. The role reports to the Director, Winning with Data, Program & Platform Lead and works closely with all business and IT leadership. Our environment is fast-paced and requires a candidate who is flexible, detail-oriented, thrives on ambiguity and can drive results across cross-functional groups.
- Leadership and People Responsibilities: Oversee the hiring and training of new and existing staff, conduct performance reviews and provide leadership, technical guidance and coaching to staff. Build organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential
- Develop strategies to leverage enterprise data and build through the delivery of easy to use reports and dashboards, sophisticated data analysis and advanced data modelling
- Develop and maintain a demand roadmap aligned with priority, IT capacity, technical dependencies and ongoing project portfolio
- Manage portfolio of business intelligence projects to ensure on-time delivery
- Design, build and optimize data visualizations tools to provide actionable insights that enhance business decision making
- Finance/Budgetary Responsibilities: Manage the budget - monitor and control resources, expenses and capital costs against the budget
- Champion utilization of business intelligence technology across IT organizations and business functions. Lead and develop an enterprise approach to operational analytics, data visualization, analysis and modelling
- Regulatory Compliance Responsibilities: Protect our brand and reputation by safeguarding our assets and maintaining compliance with all governing policies. Assure all relevant internal financial, data privacy and security policies are met
- Enhance Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) documentation to align with agile methodologies and deliver high-quality reporting solutions quickly and continuously
- Benchmark and evaluate business intelligence best practices and solutions related data visualization and data mining that will be sustainable and fit our AbbVie environment
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience.
- 9+ years’ experience in Enterprise IT applications and 5+ years’ experience in a Business Intelligence environment utilizing BI tools such as Qlik, SAP Business Objects, SAP Business Warehouse, Informatica and others
- Solid understanding of key BI trends and emerging technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL
- Experience managing large and complex BI projects across multiple business functions
- Experience reviewing and streamlining business processes, including gathering and documenting business requirements, developing and implementing new processes and procedures. Solid experience on Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Ability to communicate problems in terms that are understandable to end users at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry & validation environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.