Director - BTS Data Engineering
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Goal: Provide leadership to develop technology strategies that support business goals. This role will have impact and influence supporting the Research & Development community broadly.
Objectives: Build a collaborative partnership with technology and functional domain senior leadership. Develop and guide delivery of comprehensive data and technology solutions that address prioritized business problems and innovation needs across the Development business community.
- Strategy & Influence: Works across multiple business and technical functions to make significant contributions to develop and execute strategies to achieve key objectives.
- Technology – Be an internal consultant/expert in shaping technology platform and investment decisions for core data and technical platforms supporting Development, Regulatory Affairs and R&D QA.
- Process Improvement & Optimization: Makes significant contributions to identifying overall process and/or technology improvements.
- People Management: Responsible for managing a team(s) of Data Engineers, System/Solution Architects, Business Analysts (BAs), Business System Consultants (BSCs) and contingent staff.
- Impact: Make decisions that have an effect on financial, employee and/or public relations posture of Abbvie.
- Liaison & Relationship Building: Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts frequently with business and/or technology senior leadership and vice presidents. Interactions focus on top priority project and influencing strategic decisions. Interacts well with diverse groups across business and technology functions and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Culture: Consistently demonstrate AbbVie's Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Effectively manages performance, provides timely feedback, appropriately rewards and recognizes valuable achievement, develops talent, and creates a succession pipeline. Understand and execute AbbVie's vision, goals and strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in data warehousing concepts, tools and technologies.
- Proven ability to drive outstanding employee performance and engagement through developing, coaching, motivating, energizing and inspiring team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing teams with a resource mix of managers, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors and managed service providers.
- Experience delivering regulated solutions (GxP) and non regulated solutions following the software development life cycle, both leveraging agile DevOps methodologies and classic waterfall approaches.
- Experience managing project/functional budget in the multi-million per year range.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.