Finance Master Data Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Finance Master Data Manager provides overall leadership for the Finance master data domain by defining data standards, establishing related business rules and processes, instituting data quality metrics, and overseeing master data operations. This individual liaises with business process stakeholders across organizations and geographies to build, sustain and leverage Finance master data across the enterprise. The Finance Master Data Manager seeks constant improvement in the quality and accuracy of the Finance master data domain, ensuring uninterrupted business continuity. The manager performs day-to-day processes, as beneficial and in alignment with the Master Data Director, other Master Data Stewards, business leaders, Global Process Leads, and site stakeholders.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves Finance Master Data issues. Ensures the master data setup process is operating optimally. Demonstrates with appropriate performance metrics.
- Interacts significantly with the Master Data Lead, fellow Stewards, business representatives, SAP and HFM master data teams Facilitates cross functional meetings with various stakeholders and end-users.
- Delivers trainings, presentations, workshops, and group communications and identifies opportunities for process improvement and implements solutions.
- Data Design – Manages the Finance Master Data domain across the enterprise, ensuring high levels of data quality, integrity, availability and privacy. Defines standards for data design, naming, data definitions and usage.
- Data Quality - Monitors/audits master data and remediates issues to maintain defined levels of quality. Focuses on business benefits, fosters the goal of data sustainability, and articulates the strategic significance of quality data to the organization.
- Compliance – Enforces compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies, processes and procedures and introduces new compliance documents.
- Client Relationship Management - Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with management and various stakeholders, including but not limited to ERP teams and business process owners.
- Change Management – Engenders organizational change across functional and geographical areas ensuring successful implementation of master data and related practices. Specifically addresses integration of new data sources from mergers and acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of operational experience with specific knowledge of Finance data, data governance, data quality, and related business processes.
- Experience in division and enterprise-level project management, running multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic business understanding and vision, and the ability to translate strategy into tactical execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent phone and interpersonal, analytical, negotiation, oral and written communication skills. Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience establishing and leading an operational support organization strongly preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.