Sr. Manager, Statistical Programming (Remote Opportunities)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The role of the Senior Manager is to manage statistical programming activities to ensure they are appropriately planned and executed for all assigned Phase I‐IV clinical studies sponsored by Allergan and its partners. This senior level position serves as a compound lead, independently performs
statistical programming for clinical studies and integrated summaries, and prepares responses to requests from regulatory authorities.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and
regulatory guidelines as well as all Allergan policies and procedures.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Role: Statistical Programmer Oversight: Low to Moderate
- Provide programming and documentation support for multiple studies with good quality
- Review statistical analysis plans for all assigned studies and integrated summaries and provide comments to study biostatistician
- Create ADaM data set specifications for all assigned studies and integrated summaries
- Ensure study analysis is consistent with standard templates and specifications
- Lead the Statistical Programming submission support, including managing timelines, tasks, and resources
- Follow timelines for assigned study tasks
- Contribute to development of new standard templates
- Review and author standard operating procedures and supporting documents related to Statistical Programming processes
- Coordinate own task assignments
- Support urgent regulatory agency requests
- Participate in a Statistical Programming process improvement initiative(s)
- Participate in a Statistical Science and Programming process improvement initiative(s)
- Contribute to cross‐functional process improvement initiative(s)
In addition, the incumbent is one of the key contacts for Statistical Science and Data Management and Clinical Programming. External interfaces include: contract research organizations (CRO), functional service providers (FSP), and other vendors or consultants.
MS in statistics or equivalent with at least 6+ years experience in Statistical Programming supporting drug development, submission, and approval in the pharmaceutical/biotech/device industry or CRO Or Bachelor's degree with at least 8+ years experience in Statistical Programming supporting drug development, submission, and approval in the pharmaceutical/biotech/device industry or CRO
Minimum four (4) years project management experience in statistical programming or related field
- Excellent knowledge of SAS computer package and Unix/Linux computing environment
- Knowledge of CDISC foundational standards
- A thorough knowledge of good programming practices and methodology
- Good knowledge of clinical trial methodologies, drug development, and FDA GCP/ICH regulatory guidelines regarding statistical programming
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to support and prioritize multiple projects and the work of other statistical programmers
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to influence others without direct reporting relationships
- Ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated strengths in the following areas:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Decision making, judgement and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Leadership Skills
Note: While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from a particular job and to assign other duties as necessary and at any time.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.