Team Lead Lab Support
The Lab Support Team Lead oversees a group of technicians responsible for providing support to the Bioprocess Research & Development (BRD) laboratories at the Andover, MA site.
The successful candidate will lead a team of 5-8 colleagues responsible for supporting laboratory functions including cleaning and prepping equipment, calibrating analytical instruments, ordering supplies and specifying new equipment, maintaining the cleanliness of the lab, and supporting the unit operations as necessary. In addition, the team lead will be responsible for ensuring completion of cross-training between the technicians as required to ensure proper support of BRD labs, and will assist in the daily operations of the Gene Therapy pilot plant as needed.
- Lead a team supporting scientists within different lines of the BRD organization, ensuring that the laboratory functions are supported as required.
- Responsible for the daily coordination and career development for a team of 5-8 colleagues.
- Ensure adequate cross-training of the group is completed as required to provide seamless support of the lab scientists.
- Manage BRD sample handling from manufacturing facilities.
- Coordinate with the development scientists within BRD to identify new opportunities to increase laboratory efficiency.
- 10+ years of experience in the biotech industry in either a laboratory or manufacturing setting or 5+ years with BA/BS degree.
- Extensive knowledge of basic laboratory equipment including but not limited to bioreactors, automated liquid handling systems, chromatography systems, HPLCs, and other standard analytical equipment.
- 3+ years of shift lead and/or managerial experience is desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- BA or BS in a biological or engineering discipline (Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent).
- Understanding of the biologics development process (cell culture, fermentation, purification, analytical, and formulations) is strongly desired to ensure adequate communication with researchers.
- Demonstrated capability to work across functional areas.
- Working knowledge of biologics manufacturing, including use of large-scale bioreactors, chromatography skids, pressurized vessels, floor scales, and filtration systems.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing#LI-PFE