Director, Vendor Management & Outsourcing
Locations: Remote, United States | Hayward, California | Brisbane, California
Reporting to the Senior Director, Clinical Contracts & Outsourcing, the Director, Vendor Management & Outsourcing will lead the development and execution of the vendor management structure with the opportunity to build/drive the direction of Arcus’ clinical supplier relationships.
- Establish and cultivate effective internal and external partnerships, leveraging the supply base to meet the company’s business requirements related to quality, delivery, and timelines
- Develop and implement analytics/metrics to improve decision making, measure value, and enable a more strategic view of the portfolio, including development of Key Performance Indicators to measure supplier performance and drive business goals and improvements
- Establish and lead governance across clinical supplier relationships (CROs and vendors) from inception to implementation, manage governance plan, and provide guidance to key stakeholders
- Manage the evolution of CRO partnerships and alliances through their life cycles
- Lead the escalations related to managed vendors in terms of risk management and portfolio level issue resolution. Establish resolution plans for executing mitigation strategies.
- Deliver with optimal collaboration, accountability, and integrity to business partners
- Demonstrate clear ability to apply critical thinking, strategy development, and vision towards the growth of vendor relationship management plans, while also overseeing the day-to-day execution in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Translate the usage of industry best practices, utilizing external sources such as benchmarking, data, and processes to continually drive improvements linked to an overall strategy
- Lead the functional evaluation of new business processes or process improvement opportunities
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in vendor management within the pharma/biotech or CRO industry
- Deep knowledge conducting business reviews, tools, relevant systems implementation, global program design, developing templates and tracking tools, direct vendor oversight and/or alliance management skills. A strong foundation in operations (clinical drug development), outsourcing, and conflict resolution is critical for success in this role.
- Experience with all aspects of vendor oversight or alliance management: from vendor selection, contract development, selection, to performance management (i.e. - portfolio oversight), and continuous improvement of the vendor base, both individually as well as at a programmatic level.