BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
As a member of the Recipe and Data Management group, the Material Specialist works with a cross-functional team to manage the health and accuracy of Tier 2 Master Data within our Enterprise Resource Planning System. Management of Tier 2 data includes but is not limited to creation, review, analysis and revision of Tier 2 master data to enable accuracy and full use of our ERP system for Materials Requirement Planning, Finished Goods Planning, Drug Product, Drug Substance Planning and Detailed Scheduling within our ERP System.
The responsibilities of the Material Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Under moderate supervision, completes tasks on time; is able to prioritize routine work independently.
- Generates consistently accurate work while increasing productivity and has minimal repeat errors.
- Identifies the key issues in a complex situation and escalates effectively to supervisor and support groups.
- Accountable and responsible for maintaining accuracy of Tier 2 Master Data (planning and GMP production recipes, quality parameters, dispensing and sourcing rules, planning attributes, formulas and routings) for Oracle Buffer and Media (OBM), Oracle Weigh and Kitting (OWK), MES Recipe Authoring, Planning and GMP Production Recipes and Formulas.
- Generation, analysis, and communication of key performance indicators/metrics (monthly and campaign) that enable supply chain planning, detailed scheduling, raw material planning, procurement of raw materials, inventory management and cost of goods.
- Identify, generate, and escalate recurring exception reports and participate in data clean-up opportunities as part of the Operational Readiness Campaign Summary and Review process.
- End to end change management owner (initiation, execution, and closure) of change management system for Tier 2 Master Data maintenance/creation.
- Single point of contact to support Oracle Process Manufacturing Module, Advanced Supply Chain Planning and Material Requirements Planning issue tracking, investigation, and resolution.
- Supports, promotes, and reinforces Master Data Management established data standards and procedures.
- Continuously learn to expand breadth of cross functional knowledge and expertise pertaining to configuration and use of the data.
- Manages the Tier 2 master data business process intake and health and is responsible for the ongoing development and improvement of departmental SOPs, work instructions and forms.
- Partners with Information Management Department to develop global and site master data management best practices/policies and implement data collection systems and models that optimize process efficiency and data quality.
- Creates MRP models to optimize and replicate critical supply chain processes such as inventory optimization, network optimization, and production line scheduling and sequencing.
- Foster accountability and collaboration with all cross-functional groups across BioMarin.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical, regulated manufacturing environment Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain Planning experience is required.
- General knowledge of master data, manufacturing, and interdependencies with business.
- Proficient in Oracle EBS, Microsoft Office, Veeva, or similar operating databases.
- Strong attention to detail and results driven.
- Possesses strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication and people skills.
- Adaptable to change and open to take on new projects when presented.
- Team player that is also able to work independently.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using various statistical methods to analyze large data sets.
- Demonstrates ability to apply analytical tools and data visualization techniques to create clear and effective communication strategies.
- Project management, organization, and time management skills.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP) desirable.
Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science, Business, or other technical field.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.