IASO Biotherapeutics is seeking a highly motivated, result-oriented, and collaborative Scientist to join our new R&D team in San Jose. The successful candidate is expected to lead efforts to setup team and protocols for iPSC-NK cell therapy. This role is ideal for the innovative scientist who is self-driven and passionate about immunotherapy in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead iPSC cell therapy programs from early-stage to IND-enabling studies
- Manage the projects with collaborating partner to drive program forward.
- Design and perform immunology phenotypic and functional assays to characterize iPSC derived NK/T cells
- Provide drafting study plans, reports, patents, SOPs and peer-reviewed scientific publications
- Experience with gene-editing technology, such as CRISPR-Cas9, is preferred.
- Perform phenotypic and functional analyses of iPSC and CAR-NK/T cells using multi-parameter flow cytometry and standard in vitro assays assessing proliferation, cytokine secretion, polyfunctionality, and target cell killing
- Training and management of junior colleagues
- Prepare and present data packages to senior management groups and or external collaborators
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Prepares or delivers scientific presentations on international conferences.
- Strong experience to design, develop and implement novel in vivo xenograft and/or syngeneic tumor models
- Strong knowledge of standard immunology and immune assays used to characterize T and/or NK cells
- Hands-on proficiency and demonstrated experience with gene editing and immune primary cells culture, engineering, and phenotypic and functional assays, including cell-based assays measuring cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, and cytokine production.
- Experience with virus/no virus modification of primary immune cells is desirable
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry and data analysis.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology, cancer biology, or other related fields with a minimum of two years of relevant post-doctoral and / or industry experience
IASO Biotherapeutics offers competitive salaries and benefits.
IASO Biotherapeutics does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, age or any other federal, state or local protect.
Working Environment/physical demands:
This position requires handling of human blood products, some weekend work, and the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Normal lab PPE including eye protection required. The common requirements of an office environment (computers, computer screens, workstations, etc.) apply when not working in or around any laboratory environment.
IASO Bio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of novel cell therapies for oncology and autoimmune diseases. Leveraging its proprietary fully human antibody discovery platform (IMARS), high-throughput CAR-T drug priority platform, and proprietary manufacturing processes, IASO Bio is developing a rich clinical-stage pipeline of multiple autologous and allogeneic CAR-T and biologics product candidates.