Lead Optical Engineer
Prellis Biologics, Inc develops multi-photon based bioprinting systems for development of biocompatible human tissues with a long term mission to develop human tissues for therapeutic discovery and transplantation. Prellis Biologics is a dynamic, science focused company pushing the limits of human tissue engineering.
The ideal candidate will be
- Skilled in optical design, mechanics, modeling, and laser based system analysis
- Experienced in fine alignment processes, techniques, and hardware execution
- Successful prototyping and characterization to production quality optical systems.
- Experience with nonlinear spatio-temporally focused two photon laser based systems
- Experience with optical system characterization, debugging, and control
- Impactful leadership capabilities with cross-functional teams and ability to work as an individual contributor on site.
- Experience working in dynamic, interdisciplinary environments
- Experience with embedded systems design, programming, and optomechanical controls
- Experience characterizing and resolving resolution, throughput, or image quality issues
- Experience in both R&D and production / manufacturing settings
- This job will be 80-100% full time on-site at our facilities in Hayward, California.