Contact Center IS Engineer
The Customer Care & Experience team at Amgen focuses on advancing capabilities which improve the experience of internal Amgen customers (workforce)!! Within Customer Care & Experience, the Digital Workplace Experience team focuses on driving adoption and improving business value of deployed End User Technologies. These include synchronous and asynchronous collaboration solutions such as WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Miro, Conferencing, AV endpoints, Voice infrastructure and other ancillary products and platforms. The team consists of cross-disciplinary IS professionals who understand how to deliver services that span operations, engineering, governance, and enablement.
Amgen is seeking a talented Senior Associate IS Engineer to join a hard-working team of engineers on our Synchronous Communication team. We are looking for an individual with experience in Unified Communications with emphasis on Contact Centers and Enterprise Voice. The candidate should have excellent technical skills and experience working in a dynamic environment that demands high-quality and efficient results. To be successful, you will need to have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.Key Responsibilities include:
- Works with the Senior Manager, Collaboration Operations, Contact Center Architect and Managed Service Provider to ensure system availability for Contact Center Services
- Interacts with managed service provider to ensure the overall health of the system including monitoring, moves, adds, changes, system back-ups
- Supports Call Center historical reports and recording technology
- Provides specialized troubleshooting for recording solution, issues with Finesse, toll free numbers, call routing issues, call quality issues
- Participate in technical conference bridge calls to supervise repair work, address questions, ensure policy adherence, provide vendor escalation during repair process to ensure SLA compliance and timely resolution
- Manage change control process to ensure any changes in the environment will not be impactful to call center operations
- Lead major incident management support calls, ensure the right resources are engaged, escalations accurately completed to Amgen leadership or Vendor/Manufacturer
- Maintains policies, standards, knowledge base articles and guidelines to ensure that systems are consistent across the company.
- Guides continuous improvement efforts for the Contact Centers and Enterprise Voice.
- Capacity analysis to ensure we have adequate licensing, concurrent calls for SIP, DIDs on a site by site basis
- Works with information protection teams to evaluate the security of severs, password resets, patching, vulnerability scans
- Establish relationships with internal and external partners to ensure excellent support system
Bachelors degree and 2 years experience as a Unified Communications Engineer/Architect
Associates degree and 6 years experience as a Unified Communications Engineer/Architect
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- Ability to think big and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and understanding of the Project Management lifecycle.
- Strong attention to detail to identify system design issues before installation.
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IS standards to meet business requirements.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with business groups outside of IS.
- Ability to perform market and competitor analysis.
- Experience building and maintaining Cisco Call Center products including PCCE.
- Experience configuring Cisco handsets
- Understanding of Cisco Call Manager (UCM 12.5) and Cisco Control Hub
- Understanding of basic networking principals (DNS, QOS, DHCP, UDP, and other areas needed for successful deployment of voice and contact center services)
- Understanding of Video and Voice over IP (VoIP) protocols (SIP, H323, H264, H265, Opus, G.722, etc.)
- Understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel and Visio.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.