Process and Procedural Document Specialist, Sr. Manager
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.
Lead the development and revision of global processes and related process documentation (policies, standards, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and supporting documentation) servicing over 10,000 colleagues across Pfizer clinical, medical, safety, regulatory and quality management organizations. This is accomplished by applying process management skills, understanding the framework architecture and quality standards that accommodate all key process knowledge dimensions (e.g., process roles and responsibilities, regulatory and quality requirements, performance measures and metrics).
- Lead a matrix team comprised of global and/or local subject matter experts, business process owners, and key stakeholders, with minimal to no assistance, in the development, revision, process mapping, process enhancements, implementation and maintenance of process quality standards and procedural documentation (policies, SOPs and associated documents) for approximately 10,000 colleagues across Pfizer clinical, medical, safety, regulatory and enterprise quality management system global processes. May also include managing safety single-line processes and procedural documentation for case processing and the safety database documentation.
- Function as a key subject matter expert in the document management model, quality management system, and quality standards. Providing advice and recommendations to global and local colleagues on process enhancement and continuous improvement project teams.
- Provide strategic recommendations regarding process design, documentation development, change management and supporting systems by understanding the business, organization and associated responsible roles.
- Plan and manage process development projects to address the full life cycle: requirements and policy setting; process design, documentation and training development and delivery; change management planning and deployment; and transition to an oversight system that incorporates performance monitoring and continuous improvement once the new process is fully operational.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of global regulations in a GxP environment and produces processes and related documentation that meets regulatory requirements, supports corporate compliance, is inspection ready and is designed with operational effectiveness in mind and contains measurable controls where applicable.
- Identifies areas of training focus and collaborate closely with training developers on training strategies and plans.
- Contribute to compliance and audit/inspection readiness strategies and plans.
- Participate in regulatory inspections, external PV license partner audits, and other internal audits by being the liaison for documentation requests and responding to findings.
- Participate in integration activities for process and documentation analysis of the aquiree’s process documentation.
- Evaluate global procedural documentation against evolving industry/regulatory requirements and expectations, audit/inspection findings, business needs, higher level corporate policies, changes in industry standards and client feedback and trends, and make recommendations for changes when necessary.
- Address customer SOP queries by providing responses that are aligned with the processes and regulations.
- Manage planned and unplanned SOP deviations across Pfizer medical, clinical, safety, regulatory and enterprise quality management system. Work with various governance/oversight committees that review applicable SOP deviations.
- A minimum of a BA or BS is required Plus 9 years experience
- A minimum 9 years of experience in design and documentation of pharmaceutical business processes (safety, regulatory, medical and/or clinical). Demonstrated process development expertise.
- Desirable: training or experience in safety, regulatory, medical and/or clinical process training development, delivery and/or implementation.
- Ability to manage multi-phase complex projects with multiple contributors/collaborators, facilitate cross functional global or enterprise teams, optimize subject matter involvement, and interacts at all levels in a matrix environment. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet targeted deliverables and deadlines; strong planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to lead by example, demonstrating Pfizer values and effectively implement strategies through influence and persuasion.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing situations and work well under pressure.
- Technical proficiency, including skills in use of common desktop tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project); tools for process design and mapping; and systems for document management, publishing, communication, and learning management.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of electronic publishing of procedural documents.
- Strong process management, project management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong orientation to detail and ability to function independently as appropriate.
- In-depth understanding of pharmaceutical business processes (i.e., safety, regulatory, medical, clinical trials and/or enterprise quality management system) and regulations, guidelines and industry standards for compliance.
- Advanced degree in relevant field desirable, Masters Degree plus 7 years experience
- Degree or professional certification process design or change management, or equivalent experience.
Ability to perform analysis of processes and procedures by using process development and process management
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
May travel for inspections, audits, integrations and/or projects.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: 07/27/2021
Additional Location Information: USA - NY - New York City; United States - Connecticut - Groton; United States - New Jersey - Peapack; United States - Pennsylvania - Collegeville
No Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFESunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Quality Assurance and Control#LI-PFE