Associate Director, Toxicology (Open to Remote)
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, TOXICOLOGY (OPEN TO REMOTE)
Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) is a biopharmaceutical company determined to discover, develop, and deliver innovative treatments that provide hope to underserved patient communities. The company has one FDA-approved therapy for sickle cell disease and multiple investigational therapies in development for the disease.
We are seeking for a toxicologist to interact with research and development teams to design critical pathways for nominating compounds as development candidates, design and conduct safety evaluation of development candidates to support clinical trials and registration, and to prepare nonclinical sections of regulatory submissions. This position is an individual contributor role and reports to the Head of Toxicology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as Project Toxicologist on project teams in Research and Development
- Collaborates with Research to develop critical pathways to select development candidates
- Designs and manages studies for regulatory submissions that support clinical trials and product registration
- Interacts with regulatory agencies on toxicity issues related to their projects
- Maintains awareness of current and emerging standard practices and guidelines in the field
- Academic training in toxicology, pathology or related discipline, preferably with advanced degree (Ph.D., D.V.M.) and board certification (DABT, DACVP)
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in toxicology with a minimum of 7 years in pharmaceutical drug development; the level will be commensurate with experience
- Development experience with small molecules (required)
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with managing studies conducted at CROs
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company's facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.