Quality Control Scientist I
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The QC Scientist I is responsible for raw materials, in-process material and final product testing to
ensure compliance with current GMP rules and regulations.
- Conduct routine analytical testing of raw materials, in-process materials, and final products using HPLC, amino acid analyzer, GC, TLC, polarimetry, melting point, UV/VIS spectrophotometry, Karl Fischer titrator, FT-IR spectroscopy, wet chemistry, etc.
- Conduct water and environmental monitoring testing (TOC, pH, conductivity, bacterial
- endotoxin, bioburden, etc.)
- Perform track and trend stability study time points
- Perform mathematical calculations, interpret results and record observations
- Ensure Quality Control Laboratory equipment is properly maintained and calibrated
- Enter and trend/graph data
- Generate, review, and maintain QC documentation ( i.e. SOPs, deviations, change controls, out-of-specifications, etc.)
- Review/2nd checking of data for compliance specifications, results, report abnormalities and other pertinent documentation
- Special projects as requested for regulatory submissions or customer requirements
- Adherence to cGMP and safety procedures
- Ordering supplies and maintaining adequate stock of other consumable items
- Dispositioning QC lab generated waste
- May perform special projects on analytical and instrument problem solving requiring the exercise of judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- BS degree in a science field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Quality Control GMP environment
- Aptitude in analytical chemistry
- Hands-on experience performing analyses on, maintaining, and troubleshooting instruments (especially HPLC and GC).
- Previous experience working with pharmaceutical ingredients
- Knowledge of USP/ NF, EP, JP and ICH deadlines
- Routinely work with hazardous materials and manage hazardous waste in a satellite accumulation area
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solutions-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Exhibit professional interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
- Exhibit detail oriented documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Coordinate sampling and testing in collaboration with Quality Control and Production
- Flexibility of working hours based on business needs, may include some nights and occasional weekends
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical ingredients environment
- cGMP experience
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are
looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company,
you should seize this opportunity.