Director, Strategic Partnerships, Global Clinical Development
Within Regeneron, there are a growing number of diverse partnerships and alliances with external entities. The Director of Strategic Partnerships will help to build productive external partnerships across several key areas. This role will identify, execute and manage overarching strategic relationships with various organizations and institutions to support the Global Clinical Development organization’s efforts to more effectively develop Regeneron’s product candidates and advance the company’s broader R&D objectives. The individual will identify and develop key external relationships, coordinating across a matrix of teams with the purposes of discovering opportunities and streamlining external partnership initiation and maintenance. The Director will be focused on building an internal capability on behalf of Regeneron that is highly-regarded by external partners and internal leaders. This role will be tasked with not only identifying strategic partnerships, but facilitating the drafting and execution of contracts, as well as remaining connected to the overarching relationships, while helping to facilitate the components that live in specific areas throughout the life of the agreements.In this role, a typical day may include:
- Partnering and collaborating with multiple business functions (including, but not limited to: Research, Development, Commercial, Business Development, Site Operations, Vendor Management, Clinical Trial Management, Innovation, Project Management and Strategic Alliances, Global Trial Optimization, etc)
- Building a long-term company-wide strategy on how best to utilize collaborations with external entities to address needs and opportunities to enable Regeneron to more effectively conduct clinical trials and translational and basic research.
- Leading vetting and coordination associated with opportunities for partnership. When needed, coordinate with other internal experts for support.
- Coordinating the identification of new opportunities with new or existing partner organizations
- Identifying and evaluating key external partners based on agreed upon corporate needs/gaps.
- Working cross-functionally to best leverage/prioritize the value of larger and more strategic partnerships.
- Handing off new partnerships and opportunities identified for relationship management and further development to internal collaborator teams
- Managing and tracking external partnership opportunities, in collaboration with project management colleagues and other external-facing colleagues.
- Developing consistent channels for timely and productive communication with internal/external partners, working collaboratively with internal partners to ensure continuity of messaging/contact.
- Collaborating with Global Trial Optimization to evaluate and find opportunities for innovation, commonality and efficiency in new and existing partnerships
- Upholding and driving clear processes for engaging in external partnerships, as part of community of practice
- Identifying company strengths, capabilities and gaps to address through partnerships
- Supporting the development of justification for business cases for partnership opportunities
- Ability to travel up to 25%
You have a results-oriented, collaborative style and the ability to build consensus with leaders and colleagues to gain support for initiatives.
You have a consistent track record of developing and maintaining relationships with partners across all levels of the organization.
You have strong reputation and existing relationships within the life science industry, specifically with academic medical centers and large health systems.
You're adept at handling and prioritizing multiple tasks within a matrix organization.
You have proven resiliency and ability and willingness to explore different paths to achieve an outcome. Consistently demonstrates good judgment. Takes initiative to bring forward new ideas to improve processes and programs.
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to define new processes and operating systems.
You have experience working with senior leadership, clinicians and researchers.
You have extensive experience in establishing and handling external partnerships, alliances, relationships and coalitions
You have experience operating across a matrix of teams and influencing without authority
You have validated examples of prior innovative thinking in discovering opportunities for efficiency and synergy in the context of partnerships
You have ability to connect disparate pieces of information and connect groups for mutually beneficial outcomes
To be considered, you must have an advanced degree (e.g. MBA, PhD) and at least 10 years of partnership development experience in biotech, pharma or a related industry. Previous experience in, and deep understanding of, the drug development process is vital.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.