Senior Manager/Associate Director, Program Management
Locations: Hayward, California | Remote, United States
Job Title: Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Program Management
Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Program Management is responsible for supporting the cross-functional drug development activities of pipeline products at Arcus. This role will serves as a strategic partner to program team leaders in the execution of the strategic vision of the program. You will drive the development and execution of high quality, global, integrated program plans products in support of the overall program strategy. You will be responsible for leading day-to-day activities of the Core team(s), with the goal of driving cross-functional coordination and communication and support the development of comprehensive risk identification & mitigation strategies to ensure the program goals are successfully executed within agreed budgets and timelines. In addition, you may be asked to lead and/or participate in special department, cross-functional, or team programs. The position is based virtual or in our Hayward office.
- Collaborate with the Program Leader to create and maintain the lifecycle strategy and strategic context, target product profiles and overall development plan
- Develop and execute integrated cross-functional project plans with established goals, milestones, timelines and budget to enable program analysis and planning
- Direct day-to-day program activities to meet milestones; monitoring critical path activities to ensure delivery of program objectives
- Drive planning for key drug development stage-gate decision points (e.g., First in Human, End of Phase 2, Filing, and Launch)
- Champion best practices in Program Management, including the use of agendas, minutes, dashboards, maintain document repository, establish and implement templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, communication, and effective planning
- Drive alignment, collaboration, accountability and goal achievement within project teams
- Facilitate decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish shared program goals
- Reinforce proper decision making according to the company’s decision making process
- Conduct risk management, contingency and scenario planning using a variety of program management tools
- Effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently
- Contribute to budgetary planning at the program level
- Identify program issues or resource gaps and facilitate resolution
- Communicate program information and support development of program presentations to senior leadership, functional heads, and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Constructively challenge teams by providing disconfirming information and encourage innovative problem solving
- Facilitate adherence to Arcus’ governance processes; work with the key stakeholders to prepare for those interactions; lead/support as appropriate, depending on the topic. Ensure implementation of governance decisions
- Build productive and collaborative working relationships with team members and key stakeholders to develop and maintain high performing teams
- Adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment while building high-performing cross-functional teams
- If relevant, collaborate with Alliance Management for corporate partnership(s) to facilitate conduct of governance committees and working groups and ensure timely delivery of contractual obligations
- B.S. degree in applicable discipline
- Minimum of 4 years Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience including 1-2+ years with direct project/program management experience
- Drug development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of functions relevant to the position including: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory.
- Proficient Program Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry.
- Strong influencing skills up, down and across the organization including executive/senior management
- Strong written and verbal communication and be able to communicate effectively across functions and different levels of leadership
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and be able to work as collaboratively a team member in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Advanced degree such as PhD, MBA or M.S. in applicable discipline
- Professional qualification in project management such as PMP certification
ARCUS BIOSCIENCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
3928 Point Eden Way I Hayward, CA 94545 – Arcus Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer