Senior Manager Accounting
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Manager AccountingLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead and manage a team of 4 individuals in the Global Property, Plant & Equipment (PP&E), Leases, U.S. Property Taxes and North America Sales & Use Tax Accounting group and will manage a team of offshore individuals who support this area through our outsourced vendor Genpact located in Kolkata, India.
- Provide leadership to the team to execute on all monthly and/or quarterly accounting and reporting activities and to ensure US GAAP and other statutory reporting compliance
- Partner with groups, such as FP&A, Global Asset Planning, Global Strategic Sourcing, Corporate Tax, and Disbursements, to ensure proper accounting of capital/PP&E assets, leases, and non-corporate income taxes (Property and Sales & Use Tax)
- Work with accounting management regarding proper application of US GAAP and company policies and procedures, in particular PP&E, Leases, and Software (Cloud and On-Premises)
- Identify and drive new procedures/processes or modifying existing ones which lead to improved cost effectiveness and/or appropriate quality, compliance, and standardization levels
- Provide direction on continuous improvement ideas and initiatives, including ERP and automation implementations
- Serve as lead contact for Corporate External Reporting, Corporate Audit, External Auditors, and Tax Compliance to provide audit/reporting support and analysis
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Accounting professional we seek is a team-orientated with these qualifications.
- Masters degree and 6 years of finance or technical accounting experience
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of finance or technical accounting experience
- 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or MBA
- Audit or Big 4 Public Accounting experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong technical US GAAP knowledge in the areas of PP&E and Lease Accounting
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills and be able to bridge culture differences
- Detail oriented; strong business analytical skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.