MBA Intern - Global Strategic Sourcing (Summer 2022)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
MBA Intern Global Strategic Sourcing (Summer 2022)
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will be assigned a project in Supplier Relationship Management or within one of GSS category sub-functions such as Marketing & Sales, Research & Development, Operations & Manufacturing, Technology & Devices, or Corporate Services, etc. Projects are timely and relevant, support Amgens strategic and tactical goals, and provide exposure to the cross-functional nature of a full-time position. Past projects have included:
- Oncology Data Strategy: Assess existing enterprise-wide oncology data landscape, develop sourcing strategies and make recommendations to the senior leadership team
- Supplier Relationship Management: Assess market landscape in the cloud technology space, identify strategic partners to explore Amgen-wide innovative technological opportunities and create a cohesive and interoperable application footprint
- Sourcing for Consulting: Analyze suppliers spend in Financial Services, IS and Strategy Consulting to define opportunities for consolidation of services, cost savings, and strategic partnerships
- Demand Management and Capacity Planning: Assess people, processes and tools used by IS for demand management and capacity planning. Identify gaps and recommend opportunities to drive cost savings
Responsibilities typically include benchmarking, market research, spend analysis, business case development, negotiations, and developing key strategic recommendations to improve our sourcing and supplier management initiatives. Interns are given access to senior leadership and are encouraged to spend the summer participating in program activities and networking with staff across the organization.
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate and driven individual we seek exemplifies these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA program before internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Experience in performing sophisticated financial modeling
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or health care industry experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact well with all levels of management
- Strong leadership ability and a team player
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internshipthat defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.com. Please search for Keyword 120063
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.