Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Biomarker Discovery
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Biomarker DiscoveryLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Immuno-Oncology Research is seeking a highly motivated scientist dedicated to biomarker discovery in the areas of cancer immunology. The focus of this role is on the discovery of biomarkers to support the progression of therapeutic candidates from discovery to early clinical development. Ours is a highly matrixed environment that drives scientific and technical innovation collaboratively. In this vital role you will interact closely with other members of the Inflammation & Oncology group, as well as with other functions including the Clinical Biomarker & Diagnostics Team, Translational Medicine, Human Genetics and Computational Biology.
- Develop deep disease area expertise for key indications
- Investigate disease biology and heterogeneity using human genetics, single cell transcriptomics, proteomics, cellular assays and/or disease animal models
- Discover and prioritize disease stratification and target engagement biomarker candidates for multiple pipeline projects
- Generate and transition key pharmacodynamic and patient stratification biomarker discovery data to support clinical biomarker assay development
- Work together with the Clinical Biomarker Lead to support translational biomarker activities for therapeutic assets, including presenting at investigator meetings and advisor boards, and participating in investigator-sponsored studies
- Publish and present at national/international conferences
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree plus 4 years of scientific experience
Bachelors degree plus 6 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Ph.D or MD, with postdoctoral trainings and research experience in the field of immunology, cancer biology, cancer immunology, or molecular biology
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by a strong publication record and/or significant contributions to a therapeutic development or biomarker discovery program
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: Multi-color flow cytometry, complex cell-based functional assays, genetic manipulation of cell lines and/or primary cells, cell signaling/biochemistry, in vivo mouse models of disease, and bioinformatics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to collaborate and troubleshoot to solve problems
- Experience with implementing multiple technology platforms
- Experience working in teams and consistently delivering results
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.