Associate Director, Supply Chain & Logistics
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments beginning with SMA but also focusing on Rett Syndrome and Friedreich's Ataxia.
Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Associate Director, Supply Chain, develops and leads the Supply Chain organization at a manufacturing site.
- Leadership over the day to day Purchasing, Planning, and Warehousing activities in support of production and laboratory operations.
- Collaborates cross-functionally, with site leadership, as well as the global supply chain team on strategic initiatives and best practices.
- Ensures safety and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Builds a strong team and provide the leadership and motivation necessary to retain, develop and attract high talent employees.
- Develops and maintains the production schedule.
- Coordinates raw material deliveries from local 3rd party warehouse and Illinois Manufacturing site in support of the production schedule.
- Manages purchasing of consumables for laboratories and production.
- Manages Material Handlers and Buyer/Planner.
- Ensure workplace safety and compliance while maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Supports achievement of established priorities at the site while also supporting strategic Supply Chain initiatives.
- Provides input to the development of yearly financial planning and LRP targets.
- Identifies and implements supply chain optimization projects to improve business planning and customer service.
- Translates corporate goals into functional goals while establishing processes and systems to achieve them.
- Develops and tracks key metrics related to the health of the Supply Chain organization and formulates key and effective improvement strategies for the area.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering/Science, Business Administration or a relevant related field with 9 years of supply chain or operations management experience in pharmaceutical or other regulated and GxP environment(s).
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management.
- Knowledge of inventory management.
- ERP software experience.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborative working style.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.