Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Acts as a shared resource that supports Facilities Management areas including Reception, Facilities Services, Amenities and Events, and Security Protocol. This position will be knowledgeable to perform a wide variety of facilities functions in a support role and provide flexible support to all components of Facilities Management. Daily tasks and areas of support are determined by the Manager Facilities Services based on demand of each functional area, and the individual will communicate workload and escalate issues as required
- Ensure that visitors and callers are greeted appropriately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival
- Maintains security and telecommunications systems.
- Adheres to and promotes proper security and safety measures.
- Fields a high volume of arriving visitors, incoming phone calls, and meeting/event attendees
- Projects a positive corporate image with all employees, contractors, and visitors through a warm and welcoming demeanor and an efficient and professional approach.
- Greet, assist, and direct visitors, vendors, and deliveries following security protocols (including use of employee and department directories)
- Screen incoming phone calls and efficiently route to the appropriate employee or external contacts
- Use telecommunication and computer systems following corporate IT policy for phone and computer workstation operation
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Execute the daily operations of the corporate reception area, including safety procedures and in-house assistance to employees and visitors
- Act as the first line of security for the building and maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor badges
- Work with manager to ensure all procedures are followed to process visitors and maintain appropriate records of activities
- Complete corporate projects including maintaining and updating emergency and safety protocol documents, maintenance of visitor logs and phone/employee lists
Facilities Services Support
- Facilities and maintenance tasks
- Movement of furniture
- Provide assistance to home office staff for printing/copying projects or shipping of materials through established procedures
- Track workload, prioritize daily tasks, and communicate delays or availability to Manager
- Run reports as required for service tickets, reception usage etc.
- Provide weekly building badge access reports to manager
- Establish and provide a monthly meeting room usage report
- Run ad hoc reports as needed.
- Provide ad hoc support to Manager as needed
- Manage payment and reconciliation of P-Card charges for the department to include amenities for example water coolers, café, Iron Mountain and other purchases.
- Maintain recycling reports
- Report and escalate issues to the Manager as needed
- Assists cross-functional team members with submissions of requisitions and contracts as needed
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers through approachable and proactive attitude
- General mailroom functions:
o Provide backup for when Primary mail staff is not available.
o Tasks to include but not limited to; sorting and distributing mail, post office trips, moving boxes and packages. and supply and distribution of copy paper and other supplies throughout home office, etc.
Conference room/meeting rooms, Amenities and Events
- Room setup/breakdown and other support tasks for events and meetings, in partnership with IT-AV when needed
- Assist with Amenities and Events requests as needed, including monitoring assistance and other tasks related to meeting rooms.
- Maintain conference room schedules to include blocking rooms when required, , moves and changes. For example: Training center and divisible room requirements for FDA and training department – manage the reassignment of space.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma required
- Associate's Degree preferred
- 1 or More Years mailroom or facilities services experience preferred
- 1 or More Years in a corporate environment preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.