Senior Hr Business Partner
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic professional to support Human Resources strategy and activities. The Sr. HR Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) will provide consultative HR support to assigned departments to ensure alignment with MTEM’s business objectives, values, and HR policies/programs. The HRBP will effectively cultivate partnerships across the Company and will proactively assess and anticipate the needs of management and employees. This role requires a strategic mind set, business acumen, great customer service skills, a bias towards action, strong attention to detail, and top-notch interpersonal abilities, plus excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
This is a senior role and will be expected to help leaders to answer business challenges by bringing a “people lens” to the discussion. The ability to self-manage, advocate for the assigned client group in HR strategy discussions and set goals that support the assigned client group are part of the senior role.
- Consult with department management on HR-related issues and initiatives
- Meet with business stakeholders on a regular basis and as needed or requested
- Provide day-to-day support to management through coaching, counseling, career development, and expertise
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct effective and comprehensive investigations
- Counsel management on ways to improve working relationships, increase morale, productivity, and retention
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop programs and policies
- Provide guidance to departments for restructures, workforce and succession planning, and training needs
- Participate in specialist areas of HR, as needed, including total rewards, DEI, corporate communications, wellness, engagement, program implementation, etc.
- As needed, participate in HR generalist functions, including but not limited to create, revise and post job descriptions, screen resumes and applications, participate in interviews, onboard and terminate employees, create offers, assist with benefits issues/projects, etc.
- Participate in recruitment for assigned departments, as needed
- Produce documents for and help to maintain and update personnel files
- Strong business acumen and acuity
- Ability to Lead HR and cross-departmental meetings, workgroups, and initiatives
- Maintain strict confidentiality for employee information, internal HR information and discussions, and sensitive company information
- Act as proxy for head of HR, when needed.
- Other relevant work, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution in Human Resources or related field, required.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, or other major HR certification, preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience working in Human Resources in a strategic role
- Experience in biotech/biopharmaceutical industry, preferred
- Excellent written, communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills
- Possess strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be action-oriented with a desire to drive to results, measure outcomes, and continuously improve
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Office Suite Applications
- Must possess a high degree of emotional intelligence and integrity
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to function independently with high-level supervision
- This is a remote role, but will require the willingness and ability to come on-site, when required for projects, events, meetings, etc.
- Location preference is local to Austin, TX or the Northeast corridor in a remote capacity
This position may have limited supervisory responsibilities (Admin). This position reports to the Sr. Director, Human Resources.
Molecular Templates celebrates and supports our differences and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.
MTEM is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you need assistance with your application due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting a resume for consideration, applicants verify that they have read MTEM’s Applicant Privacy notice. https://www.mtem.com/privacy-policy