Field Technical Support Engineer – West
MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next- generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 14 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 75 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
Job Summary:The Field Technical Support Engineer (FTSE) provides technical support to customers of MaxCyte's Scalable Transfection Systems. In this newly-created role, the FTSE will work both remotely and in the field with customers and partners maintaining and upgrading instrumentation and providing timely troubleshooting assistance. The FTSE will work closely with Field Applications Scientists, Technical Support and Engineering teams to ensure an unrivalled customer experience. This position requires at least 50% travel**, primarily covering the West Coast but occasional travel to the rest of the USA and beyond may be required.
• Provides technical support for MaxCyte product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email, and/or web chat.
• Conducts installations and training at customer sites.
• Performs instrument calibrations, upgrades and repairs.
• Troubleshoots and documents customer issues with recommended solutions.
• Submits MaxCyte Change Requests (CR) for design and/or process changes with support documentation for change
• Accurately records pertinent information from customer interactions and follows up to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Makes recommendations to the internal teams for future software and hardware design improvements.
• Conducts software usability testing.
• Contributes to all aspects of MaxCyte's Quality System.
• Packs and ships instruments, as required, from customer sites.
• Presents technical updates to colleagues and contributes to department meetings.
• Works collaboratively across the business to build partnerships with Field Applications Scientists and internal teams.
• Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety and environmental policies.
• BS in biomedical engineering or related field, and at least 3 years of experience in providing engineering support. MS Preferred.
• Robust troubleshooting skills.
• Basic understanding of Local Area Networks (LAN) and how they are configured.
• Experience in a customer facing role preferred.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal teams.
• Proactive; works under minimal supervision.
• Hands on experience with multimeters, wrenches, screwdrivers, torque wrenches, scales, drills, cutting tools, etc.
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
• Preference will be given to applicants who reside in the Bay Area or LA/San Diego Area.
• **Ability to travel ~ 50-70% (under normal, non-pandemic situations). MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference Field Tech Support in the subject line.