Senior Director, WRDM, GPD, Regulatory and Safety Architecture
Pfizer Architecture and Digital Innovation Lab organization is responsible for translating the Pfizer Strategy into innovative products and digital, data, and technology business solutions for our customers, partners, and colleagues. The team leads the strategic efforts in creating an enterprise architecture and master plan that ties together our experiences, data, workflows, capabilities, applications, integration, and back end services in a cohesive way that strengthens the Pfizer brand, drives speed, and powers innovation.
The Senior Director, WRDM, GPD, Regulatory and Safety Architecture, leads an organization responsible for development of the principles, strategies, enterprise blueprints, and digital solutions necessary to deliver the Pfizer digital strategies for Research, Medical, Clinical Product Development, and Regulatory functions. The Senior Director provides thought leadership and technical direction, guidance, and definition for solution architecture that most effectively support the business strategy. He/she leads a team that delivers services that link together the customer experience and product management layer with our applications, analytics, data and process workflows, and enterprise platforms across Pfizer. The Senior Director, WRDM, GPD, Regulatory and Safety Architecture, partners with the Digital, business leaders, and broader healthcare ecosystem to build digital products, platforms and solutions that deliver greatest value in alignment with Pfizer business priorities.
- Establish, prioritize, and maintain the overall Architecture strategy and approach for WRDM, GPD, Regulatory and Safety, engaging Pfizer Digital and business functions in alignment, co-creation, and on-going partnership.
- Provide strategic thought leadership in the appropriate platforms and technology to support areas of Biopharmaceutical Discovery, Development, Safety, Medical, and Regulatory business strategies.
- Understand emerging industry and innovative technology trends to effectively prioritize and practically apply existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models for WRDM, GPD, Regulatory and Safety with focus on Digital capabilities and innovations.
- Lead a team of architects responsible for research, analysis, design, and delivery of solution architectures to support business strategies and priorities for WRDM, GPD, Regulatory and Safety functions.
- Oversee and guide architecture practices and delivery for Digital WRDM, GPD, Regulatory and Safety efforts. Build, maintain and govern the execution of the blueprints, principles, solution sketches, and technology standards.
- Develop and promote modern architectural approaches that encourage value exchange with partners and customers, digitization of processes, business connectivity, and partner collaboration.
- Perform an involved advisory role on large complex initiatives. Provide leadership in building consensus on approach and provide technical execution oversight. Identify and mediate conflicting requirements among solution stakeholders.
- Partner with the Innovation Lab and the Enterprise Data, Platforms, and Infra Architecture teams to identify, scale and reuse target innovations, platforms, and technologies.
- Establish practices, processes, and platforms, working horizontally across Digital to govern and operationalize new technologies to enable their broad and effective use across Pfizer.
- Lead and provide oversight on application and technology lifecycles, from emerging technology assessments through to renewal or retirement.
- Provide leadership in the definition of digital business APIs and connectivity that enables Pfizer to integrate into the broader global healthcare ecosystem, enabling greater value exchange with partners and customers and the digitization of end to end value streams and processes.
- Cultivate technical expertise and champion and enable learning, adoption, reskill and reuse across Digital.
- Mentor, coach, guide and grow architecture team members and other Digital colleagues, creating a strong collaborative engaging cross functional team culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and 15+ years of related pharmaceutical or healthcare experience required; or 13+ years of experience with advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of architecture leadership roles in design, development, and execution in a global organization.
- Strong business acumen, deep knowledge of Pharma and life sciences, and ability to stay abreast and incorporate innovative and existing technologies Deep expertise in Biopharmaceutical Discovery, Development, Safety, Medical, and/or Regulatory functions with experience leading Digital delivery, strategy, or architecture efforts
- Exceptional strategic thought partner, ability to lead in strong co-creation and collaboration with Digital and business partners across Pfizer.
- Demonstrated ability to bring creative ideas and drive digital innovation, leading with the customer in mind; has exceptional judgement about which innovations to pursue; able project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Experience across multiple architecture environments, colleague and customer facing solutions, and other enterprise technologies and platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent and build effective teams.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to indirectly influence key partners and stakeholders.
Last Date to Apply for Job: 11/1/2021
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE