Trade Compliance, Senior Associate
Our manufacturing logistics and supply team makes sure that customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. You’ll help bring medicines to the world even faster by embracing challenges, imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Working with a dynamic team of Logistics and Supply Chain experts, you will play a critical role in planning and managing the efficient flow of products and services through the Pfizer supply chain cycle. You will ensure that the products arrive on time and within acceptable quality parameters meeting the desired marketing and financial objectives. Through your extensive knowledge in logistics management, you will guide the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes and system to meet customer requirements.
As a Senior Associate, your knowledge and skills will contribute towards the goals and objectives of the team. Your focus and ability to meet team targets will help in completing important deliverables on time. Your innovative use of communication tools and techniques will make it easy to manage difficult issues and help in establishing consensus between teams.
It is your dedication and hard work that will make it possible for Pfizer’s customers and patients to receive the medicines they need, when they need them.How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to the completion of projects and manage own time to meet agreed targets and develops plans for activities on own projects.
- Support Demand Planning and Inventory Management.
- Develop and manage the Compliance processes to ensure compliance of our business processes and audit readiness by working closely with the business unit managers in Supply Chain.
- Maintain accurate System Application & Products inventory.
- Support development of Intercompany invoice resolution process.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Adhere to all company HR Policies as appropriate, define an individual development plan and ensure compliance by evaluating the achievements made at the end of each year.
- Study best practices actively and apply wherever needed.
- Provide support and ensure regulatory compliance in one or more of the following areas:
- Dangerous Goods compliance
- Import/Export compliance
- Foreign Trade Zone Operation and Compliance
- State Distribution Licensing
- Transportation Security Administration compliance
- Inbound/Outbound Freight-related processes
- Maintain required training and certifications.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and a state of audit readiness.
- Ensure self-audits are performed and documented as required.
- Active support participant in internal audits and external regulatory audits.
- Prepare and submit reports as required by the regulations.
- Monitor changes and trends in regulations and assess impact on the site operation.
- Maintain state and federal licenses and permits
- Improve and streamline processes and documentation.
- Perform daily transactions and communications as needed
- Provide training to site colleagues affected by the regulations
- Maintain and enhance trade compliance procedures and curricula.
- Participate on teams (new product launches, product transfer, etc…) representing the Trade Compliance function.
- Serve as point of contact with Pfizer Global Logistics and Supply organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years’ experience with Trade Compliance/Regulations
- Familiarity with logistics function including imports, exports, and shipping
- Related manufacturing material management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Pharmaceutical experience or experience in similarly regulated industry
- Strong knowledge of Master Data concepts and excellent MS Office skills
- SAP experience
- Full time onsite attendance is required
- Ability to perform office work (desk, computer, phone)
- Ability to work within a warehouse environment safely.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Off shift hours/weekends may be required.
- Limited travel (primarily domestic) may be required for training, conferences or business/project meetings. (0-4 trips per year)
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt#LI-PFE