Supply Chain Planning Supervisor
The Supply Chain Planning Supervisor is responsible for the management of a team of Supply Chain Planners who are tasked with planning and the execution of materials in support of FDBT GMP projects as per the S&OP asset plan via the site ERP/ SAP system. As part of the supervisor role, direct line management duties will be involved, this will include the proactive development of the planners, training and mentor support as well as setting individuals annual objectives and conducting the annual performance review. The Supply Chain Planning Supervisor will ensure that the site ERP / SAP system is accurately maintained by the Supply Chain Planners with all demand planned and aligned with the production schedule and S&OP. MRP planning via SAP is the core materials planning function and as such, the Supply Chain Planning Supervisor will be an SME to support the site for materials planning requirements. With this integral planning function, the supervisor will ensure that the Supply Chain Planners have the right materials, released and available at the correct time to the correct specification to support the Master Schedule. Materials planning will be conducted via SAP following MRP planning principles. The Supply Chain Planning team supports and plans all of the GMP direct material requirement at Fujifilm Texas and as such is a high profile role. Excellent communication skills are required to inform and communicate the current material status for any particular process and have the ability to identify constratints and offer planning solutions to mitigate this. Reports to internal and external stakeholders will be required as well as identification and issue of relevant performance KPI's in line with the Businesses objectives and inventory strategy.
- Manage a team of 4 planners.
- Partner with operational areas to ensure materials are controlled and meet requirements.
- Train the Supply Chain Planners to effectively and accurately create and maintain SAP material masters through coaching and on the job training in line with Fujifilm SOP's.
- Effectively communicate with management on delays and obstacles that may affect daily functions by way of material shortage and exception reports whilst also recommending mitigation strategies to over come material shortfalls.
- Manage the effective execution of entries into SAP through SAP reports and troubleshoot simple to moderate failure modes within SAP with regards to Material Masters and Material Recipes.
- Assess and manage the SAP planning process, requiring effective reviews of SAP v's the production plan.
- Lead the Supply Chain Planning team in regulare ‘Plan-Do-Review' processes to ensure materials planning for each building is accurate and gaps are identified.
- Look to enhance SAP for operational efficiencies.
- Ensure known constraints and supply issues are appropriately communicated to the tier meetings.
- Work in collaboration with the FDBT Purchasing Supervisor to ensure both teams are aligned with material delivery dates are versus the production plan. Deliver and lead cross function materials planning meetings to ensure alignment to the FDBT production plan.
- Ensure the building pick list trackers are issued to the warehouse teams for each production area by the Supply Chain Planning team.
- Establishes and modifies operational methods and procedures.
- Work with users to identify, define, and implement business process improvements.
- Apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of system investments.
- Provide support, assistance, mentoring and training to Supply Chain Planning team through regular one to one reviews, on the job training and professional support.
- Develop training plans for individual planners to ensure proficiency in day to day tasks.
- Work in a global SAP environment with coordination between sites.
- Ensure the planning team supports and works closely with the deignated GMP Buyer and SAP Analyst for each production area within Supply Chain.
- Deliver end of year performance appraisals..
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned and required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of two years management and or supervisor experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for discussing complex business processes.
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and organize resources.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to create and issue reports to Supply Chain Management.
- Experience with Material Master and Recipe creation within an ERP system (preferably SAP)
- In depth knowledge of MRP planning.
- Reporting status, issues and KPI's to senior Supply Chain Management.
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Future- oriented, new technology knowledge.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain business and technical documentation.
- Positive, customer service oriented skills and behavior.
- Operated within a GMP Supply Chain function utilising MRP process with a minimum of 24 months experience.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is required.
- Direct line manage a team of Supply Chain Planners.
- Conduct training, support and mentoring.
- Set individual objectives for the planners in line with the company's objectives ensuring they are SMART objectives.
- Conduct end of year performance reviews.
- Lead and ensure the company's policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure each member of the team is appropriately trained to meet GMP requirements.
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years work experience in a planning function using ERP systems and ; OR
- Associate's degree plus 5 years work experience in a planning function using ERP systems; OR
- High School/GED with 7 years of work experience in a planning function using ERP systems.
- Experience with SAP and various data entry requirements.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing / Good Documentation Practices.
- Six Sigma training.
- APICS Certifications such as CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional).